• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would anybody Like to make a wager ???

9 posts in this topic

That the NEXT set of Silver Eagle Rolls I auction oFF on EBAY will be in separate Rolls instead of a COLLECTION ... ???

Oh I am sorry - I didn't tell you I had two complete SILVER Eagle ROLL sets ...

laugh.gif

It still hurts though ....

sumo.gif

No, I feel that you have an unfair advantage! Insider knowledge.

Some people are wise--some are just plain lucky.The end result is always the same though. Great job of collecting.

Jim

Most I was looking at jgrinz were going for about $300 a roll. I think you would probaly wind up the same. I had it figured out giving an extra $25 a roll here and there to about $6,900, but I figured there were a couple of those 90's that I don't know much about, so added a could grand here and there. confused-smiley-013.gif

The 96 Does a 900 - 1000 by itself

the 86 first year does 400 ish

Someone itemized it pretty close to what I did at 7300

on the Bullion GAME post

That the NEXT set of Silver Eagle Rolls I auction oFF on EBAY will be in separate Rolls instead of a COLLECTION ... ???

Oh I am sorry - I didn't tell you I had two complete SILVER Eagle ROLL sets ...

laugh.gif

It still hurts though ....

sumo.gif

Seems rigged.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The 96 Does a 900 - 1000 by itself

the 86 first year does 400 ish

Someone itemized it pretty close to what I did at 7300

on the Bullion GAME post

That would probably have been my post. I think it was conservative on the '86 and '96 since you said no coins had spots.

The '86 coins go for ~$20 or so (slight premium over other SAEs).

The '96 go for ~$60 each...sometimes more, sometimes less, so I put that at $1200 by itself.

You got the shaft on that one frown.gif

Hindsight is huge....in hindsight, I would have bid and won then sold them to cover the cost and sold the '96 and '86 by themselves.

Human nature----most people would rather overpay for a cheap item rather than pay fair market value for a very expensive one. Ebay is not the best venue for selling very expensive items.

Point taken .. at least for coinage

It is a much better venue for selling classic cars where mine will be posted in a few weeks ... Serious reserve on that puppy though smile.gif