• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Registry Scores

136 posts in this topic

coinman1794, I'm not saying that $25 is the average. I just found several that sold in the $25 neighborhood. This coin might have an average range $25-$45.

I say we go with the lowest if a trend can be observed to pick value. Obviously we exclude aberrations. However, in this case there were enough, in my opinion, examples of this coin selling around $25 for that to be it's generic value. Start at the lowest and move up from there.

We wouldn't want to place a generic value on the coin of $45 because that was the mean. People looking at a $25 coin would pay $45 because that is the stated value. It'd be much better to price it at $25, the low end common sale price, and have people pay a premium for a better coin.

For the registry the lowest trend price should be picked when assigning value. The registry is for sight unseen coins. It allows the worst of the worst to be in there on the same point level as the best of the best. Therefore the point value should be the lowest possible, IMHO.

I don't know and I don't care.

Obvious... Not only with myself but with others.

When other folks cannot state thier opinions on a board whether here or anywhere else, without comments such as the ones seen on occasion here, a sorry state of affairs exists.

Now I mentioned NO NAMES and of course I Got one Response that fired right straight at My integrety. Yea I deserved it.

Oh another Point. Who said I agreed with OldTrader on the Real Subject Here in this Discussion. Just one person I think.

Hey Signed Again: Ken (Probably for close too the 2500 time here and at PCGS)

How dumb do you think I am? That is what I mean as being a Bully. If I do not lie on my back and let you Bully me, I have a pointed head, and I am too stupid to understand. I do not have to engage in playing the foil to you. I have not called you names except a Bully, which you perfectly fit the desciption of. Read your posts. They are outrageous and I do not have to put up with your !

You are a Bully and nothing else comes to mind to describe you. You are way beyond being frank. Read your last few posts and pretend that you are someone else. Now, how would you describe your behavior? Name calling and bullying behavior is unacceptable to me, especially from you. I know what the trends are Greg. I suscribe to the Grey Sheet plus I go through Heritage's information fairly frequently.

I also know that there is a difference between Telecrap Sight-unseen, and premium sight-seen coins. I also go through PCGS pricing and multiply it by 50%-60% depending on the coin series. I posted last night commenting about a weak market for several denominations. I also am aware that PCGS trends was close to pricing a year ago and now they are not, hence the factoring on prices.

I have been collecting since before you were born. Get rid of the chip and treat me with the respect that I treat everyone else and we will not have a problem, Greg. Are you capable of doing this? By the way, I am stringing you along and you come along just like a little puppy, Greg. Stoke your little fury engine and say something else that is mean and dumb.

One last comment: Gregg, the Franklin prices that you listed were all 1957-D & 1958-D coins, guess you thought that I wouldn't notice. There were no coins from the pre-1955 era of Franklin's. tongue.gif

One last comment: Gregg, the Franklin prices that you listed were all 1957-D & 1958-D coins, guess you thought that I wouldn't notice. There were no coins from the pre-1955 era of Franklin's. tongue.gif

And you never said what date your coin was. Guess you thought I wouldn't notice. tongue.gif

Oldtrader3, you clearly have some problems outside of coins. While I don't know exactly what they are, they are clearly affecting your ability to think and reason. You are lashing out at the world. You are lashing out at people hoping to let some anger seep from your body. I will not be that person for you.

You refuse to accept facts. You refuse to listen to people (not just me). You refuse to listen. You repeat yourself over and over hoping that if you say the same thing enough that people will believe it. I've backed everything I said up with facts. You have backed up NOTHING.

Keep your promise and let the above be your last comment. Or at the very least, get at least one fact. Just one!

Oh, what a Boor you are Greg. Jumping people on this board with your "facts" and your boorish behavior. Didn't your mother teach you anything about being polite to people you do not know, and teach you some manners, apparently not! You just want to be an L.A. wiseguy who thinks it is his purpose in life to show everyone just what a smart person he is at their expense.

You just have to have the last word. Your facts are warped just like your perception of yourself being Mr. Know-It-All. Show me something other than a bunch of the same date coins that you call a trend. Where did you study Statistics Mr.-Know-It-All. Tell me Mr.-Know-All, why don't you list all your credentials that have qualified you to devote your life to being such a boorish clown?

You know nothing about me, or much of anything, but as always, you're going to make-up your little warped mind play up about me because, after all, you are Mr.-Know-It-All. Why don't you list your real reasons for being such a Boor. Is your self esteem so low that you have to demonstrate this boorish behavior publically, everday.

In your Parallel Universe, do you think you are funny and charming? Did your Mama tell you that you were wonderful and funny, Gregg? tongue.gif

You know Charles, I was asked by a fellow board member to take it easy on you because of your condition. I did. However, given your jerkish attitude, complete inability to understand facts and logic presented by several people, your continued "I Hate The World" posts, and your continued personal attacks, I cannot think of another person as angry at the world as you. You need professional help to deal with your anger.

Edited to be nicer.

or the open forum and gang up on the comic guys.

At first I was gonna scream and holler, but then I realized that I am not a comic guy, I am a coin guy. Err or am I a comic guy. Arrrgh, I am all confused now. smile.gif

Phil

Greg: Read your own posts. Calling you a Boor was the first name that I called you. However, you richly deserve the name, by the way. If you are this boorish out in public, I may outlive you. Do you know that it is not very polite to wish death on someone you don't even know? Didn't your Mama tell about that you that as well?

You are so immature, that you can not even run a good line of insults without repeating your wittle distorted view of the limited "facts" that you presented. A Franklin Set, by the way, has (29) coins, not all 1957-D's & 1958-D's as you presented. Did you run out of fingers and toes to count that high, Gweggy?

Without even taking my shoes off, I can build a set of (29) Franklin coins and even get the dates right. Calling what you presented a well rounded view of Franklin prices is a joke . There were no coins before 1955. Did you really believe that I would fall for that pile of that you call facts? So, your list of "facts" demonstrates a certain limit of intelligence. However, putting you in the same sentence as intelligence is an oxymoron. Can you spell insufficiently_thoughtful_person, Greg?

See Greg, because you have to always have to have the last word, I can get you to follow just like a little puppy. Bark for the folks Greg.:p

You weren't born yet when I learned to deal with to deal with pseudo out-of-their-butt-intelligencia like you. You don't have to worry about "taking at easy on me". Your pitiful little word play is not going to kill me any time in the distant future. I don't even break a sweat with your pitiful innuendo So, lick your b--lls and go back in your doghouse. Touche Greg. tongue.gif

I have no need to be mean. I just tell Laura that the offending party thinks she knows nothing about coins. That usually does it! wink.gif

shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif That's OK. I can outrun her.

Until then, the center piece of the Legend Collection:

999sushp.jpg

No Mas! PM's from here on out. Whether you continue to insult each other is up to you...but further public utterances only serve to raise eyebrows and hurt the reputation of this board as a decent place for coin conversation.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so dying from laughter! Imagine having a set of colorized SBA's, and calling it the Legend Collection of SBA's? And taking it to shows and displying it?

lol!!!

EVP