• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Question....... and a gripe

7 posts in this topic

There is a coin I'd like to buy off of Heritages site but when I add it to my cart it gives me an estimated delivery date window. I will not be in town during that window. How long does the post office hold an item for pick up? Will Heritage move the delivery date if asked. All I get there is VM and as yet nobody has called me back.

The gripe is...... I live in Texas and I hate having to pay taxes on a coin mad.gif

That is the drawback of dealing with a larger firm. I do not even bother to ask them questions on any auction lots. Small fry like the typical collector is not worth their trouble apparently.

Pfffft.... I tried to contact them about brokering my 1807 CBH Bearded Goddess... no return call.... no return email... nothing.

To say that thier customer service needs work is a bit of an understatement.

pass on the coin at this moment in time

sounds too complicated.................

now of course if the coin is

a one in a million

truly rare

in demand

monster coin

then that is another story

Well Heritage never did call back.

As far as passing on the coin, you are probably right.......... but I just couldn't blush.gif

I ended up asking a forum member for help and he agreed. I sent the forum member funds to buy the coin for me; then when I get back he will mail the coin to me. Of course a little money for him to make it worthwhile.

The coin is NOT a one in a million; but it is one I've been looking for to fit in my toned commem collection. Toning varies so much I usually try to grab the ones that have THE LOOK I like when they are available. Granted toning is not for everyone as tastes vary.

I'm going to post a guess the grade in the coin section of the piece.

Sorry about the gripe; it's just that these days Customer Service seems a thing of the past frown.gif

You could have just asked your post office to Hold Mail for the time you are away. Nothing would get shipped back and you could pick it up at the post office on your return.

You could have just asked your post office to Hold Mail for the time you are away. Nothing would get shipped back and you could pick it up at the post office on your return.

ditto but I would have paid extra for REGISTERED MAIL that way it would be under LOCK nd KEY at your PO until you recieve it.