• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is what a Full Strike SLQ should look like...

32 posts in this topic

65?

Actually, if you can believe it, it only resides in an NGC MS 62FH slab. I have no idea why besides the fact that there's a thick skin on it that subdues the toning. You see the photos. Why would it grade so low? That is fine for me, however, since it was but a $358 ebay purchase.

The only better strike than this example that I personally have ever seen is the one posted above by Mirrored Morgan! Thanks for sharing that again, btw! thumbsup2.gif That and a photo of the original plaster model of the design.

I just attempted to find an image of this plaster model online without success. If anyone has better luck that I then, please, post it on this thread. Thanks.

Here's the designer, Hermon A. MacNeal:

J0042126_1c.jpg

Those are beautiful coins with details "busting" out all over..... cloud9.gif

MM tongue.gif

Oh, I get ya! grin.gif

Very subtle and incredibly funny! 27_laughing.gif

One just does not see "Full Nipple" detail. And I am not trying to be crude, it's just a statement of fact.

1670623-a1.jpg

1670623-a1.jpg.539720869d1bcfdba82c5e90163a27b2.jpg

Every coin in this thread is lovely! My Type 2's aren't fully struck enough for this thread, but my T1 is pretty strong.

1917-25c-t1-p64fh-1.jpg

1917-25c-t1-p64fh-2.jpg

wow, guys, those are sharp! I'm glad to see that such strikes are out there.

xJack, those are some great pictures! thumbsup2.gif

There arn't too many dates after 1917 that could compare to the strike

shown in the first post. [ Nice composition, BTW].

Its a shame that this type one design couldn't have been carried on

instead of the type two. I have to admit that the introduction of the

type three [ 1925 - 1930 ] was necessary to extend the life of the

date of the coin.

I have only a few type two's that are as well struck as my type ones

but that's how it goes in this series, I guess.

I posted quite a few over the past few years - and most of my set

is imaged on this Registry. - Speaking of which - take a gander of

the spectacular coins in the sets above mine. There are some serious

coins being collected in the Just Having Fun - Roel Sports - Mailbu - Hoffy

collections. Deep pockets to acquire alot of these beauties.

Thanks again for the indetailed composite of the 1917 Ty 1. Loved it !!

Wow, that's high praise from you. Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Hey, Elbesaar, I think more boardsters would appreciate your set if you added the registry banner in your sigline. That is easier than playing Tracy. blush.gif

Great input by everyone on this thread! acclaim.gif

One just does not see "Full Nipple" detail. And I am not trying to be crude, it's just a statement of fact.

But, you just couldn't resist, could you! Be sure to wash and disinfect your fingertips. 27_laughing.gifhi.gif27_laughing.gifhi.gif

Chris

I'm embarrassed to say I have not the faintest clue as to attaching a

link to my SLQ set.

I have trouble adding images to these posts, let alone a link to my

profile. Call me "computer illerate", I don't mind. confused.gif

makepoint.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

BTW: You have not seen my slqs when i list once a month on ebay! I just joined ngc! Started collecting slqs when i was 6yrs old , a slqs dealer in 1978 , as of 2002 disabled but still find the ones everyonre wants! Im mad at pcgs is why i joined ngc! There a coin company in dallas if feel like owns them! my 2 cents There are doctors i meet on ebay that now have complete 65fh or better sets! Anyway If Any newbee in slqs need help or advise just ask! Ive been around slqs for over 46 yrs! And remember bu rolls WOW! Question i have is about ngc vs pcgs grading! Ive Been Seeing more slqs that are graded to my standards, Pcgs must be use to grading ms69 or ms70 eagles ! Ive Saved Back 4 pcgs slqs since 1991 to break out, and the on new pcgs coin i just got back! All Dealers That Have seen it says ms67 or at the least ms66! Its fixing to be broken out! All 4 of the other break outs are ms65 except on ms64! Plus Ive Had A mint bag Of 1944-d Gem + most 6 step. All 44 have fs. and rainbows Plus One mint bag of 43-d , 78 coins left all 66fs. i was going to list on ebay but! not! now! have fun and enjoy j.