• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This may be a great buy...

12 posts in this topic

Those are pretty cool victor. thumbsup2.gif

I looked in my 2005 Redbook, (sorry that's my latest copy confused-smiley-013.gif) They’re listed as souvenir sets, sold at the gift shops of the two mints for the years 1982 and 1983 when no “official mint sets” were made.

A bronze medal came with every set, and the discription also said similar sets were also made in other years. sumo.gif

Wonder what other years?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The issue price of each was $4.00 and listed two years ago in my Redbook as follows:

1982D……. $25

1982P…..... $20

1983P……. $40

1983D ……$30

I’ll have to look for these at shows now…

Thanks Victor… insane.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Those are pretty cool victor. thumbsup2.gif

I looked in my 2005 Redbook, (sorry that's my latest copy confused-smiley-013.gif) They’re listed as souvenir sets, sold at the gift shops of the two mints for the years 1982 and 1983 when no “official mint sets” were made.

A bronze medal came with every set, and the discription also said similar sets were also made in other years. sumo.gif

Wonder what other years?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The issue price of each was $4.00 and listed two years ago in my Redbook as follows:

1982D……. $25

1982P…..... $20

1983P……. $40

1983D ……$30

I’ll have to look for these at shows now…

Thanks Victor… insane.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Here's a link from our very own forum with a post and some very good informative responses about these Mint Sets.

Link to 82 & 83 Mint Set's

Thanks for the link, Woody. It crossed my mind when I made my last post on this thread.

Just like the matte finish coins of the '90's, I feel that these sets are sleepers!

Paul, those prices are unrealistic. Even since 2003 they have demanded $40-45 each.

Don’t look at me Victor… confused-smiley-013.gif

You’ll have to take that one up with the editors of the Redbook. poke2.gif

And this is why I always say retail coin price lists are mostly useless. insane.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif