• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool ebay item

13 posts in this topic

The Lexington is perhaps the most common of the early commems to find in the original packaging. Unfortunately, the acids in the wood turned many Lexingtons a dark, mottled combination of auburn, black and green and this, in turn, has led to many being either dipped or bagged by the TPGs as damaged. The boxes typically sell for $25-$50.

The box is very cool, I’ve only heard of them and seen pictures, never seen one in person. confused-smiley-013.gif I’ll have to work on that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Tom, do you think this coin is a victim of its box?

It’s not doing anything for me. frown.gif

Spotty toning, and from the pics the reverse looks weak...

It's cool and all, but like some others have said, this particular one doesn't do much for me.

The box is very cool, I’ve only heard of them and seen pictures, never seen one in person. confused-smiley-013.gif I’ll have to work on that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, that is the look that these acquire when the spotting and toning is medium depth. They can and do get much worse and the TPGs grade them harshly, if at all.

Most definitely and I agree.

Howdy, Paul. hi.gif

I have one that has the same type of tone but not quite gone that far. The tone my not float everyones boat but it is a sign of originality at least. Mine is in an old PCGS rattler slab.

Lexington

The link is to the coin in my registry set since I can't post the images directly right now.

I will get you better pictures when it comes in smile.gif

I had ta ...

Being From MA and ALL smile.gif

Winston is gonna rag on me for buying a toned coin though ... he is gonna be in my nightmares I can tell already