• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Teletrade Purchase - Finally wasn't outbid...

10 posts in this topic

I look forward to seeing more images of the coin. The Connecticut issue is not normally found with much color, so the fact that yours appears to be nicely toned is a plus. Hopefully you will have good luster, because if it is flat luster then the toning might hold the coin back.

From little acorns, great oaks will grow. You are now showing patience and a fair amount of skill. Yes, we will need to see some pictures once in hand, it looks like it's going to be a dazzler. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I look forward to seeing more images of the coin. The Connecticut issue is not normally found with much color, so the fact that yours appears to be nicely toned is a plus. Hopefully you will have good luster, because if it is flat luster then the toning might hold the coin back.

I hope you all know how much I respect your opinions because I do.

As I've looked for a toned Connecticut I have found that a lot of them have toning that is not that appealing to me. The few examples that I've liked have all been out of my price range or I was sniped at the end of a sale.

On this particular one; as Tom hints at the luster (or lack of) is something that I discussed with someone as we looked at the coin. I think the eye appeal is there and am hopeful that the luster is better than shown in the Teletrade picture. When I looked at the Teletrade picture it seems too dark based on the color shown of the paper insert. I took the picture and put it into another program and played around with the color/whiteness balance to try and get the paper insert the right color. When I got it as close as I could it seemed to really add to the depicted luster. Maybe its just hopeful thinking???? Anyway I am really excited to win it and when in hand I'll take some better (hopefully) pictures of it.

Thanks again for all your advice.

Richard

Richard,

Nice Pickup. I placed a weak bid against you. I thought the prices that they showed for comparison were weak so I jumped in. I don't have my account number at work so I'll log in tonight and see what it sold for. I doubt I was even a player in this auction. I recently purchased the below coin raw and though this one would be a good one to keep it company.

CTcommemobv.jpg

ctcommemrev.jpg

Wow, thats a beautiful Connecticut !!! I was of the same opinion that the "comps" they listed were weak. If you looked at each coin they referenced there were no super eye appealing (IMO) pieces. Hopefully mine will look like I'm thinking it might. Now if I can just figure out how to take better pictures for when it arrives.

TR that's a nice TT purchase! It does look like it has some nice colors. Good going. thumbsup2.gif

Notwilight that's a sweet lookin' piece! thumbsup2.gif