• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My "Antique Store" visit yesterday..........

5 posts in this topic

So with some family in town visiting we decided to take in some sights yesterday. One stop included an "antique store" where I'd never visited before.

While my daughter and I found several curio cabinets with all sorts of coins to spend some time looking over, the rest of the group wandered the place looking at......... well, I don't know what they looked at.

My daughter a budding YN quickly points out some coins that catch her eye. We talk and learn and question as we move through the area where the coins are. Nothing really jumps out to get my attention save for one item that I need to do some research on. My daughter is intent on finding something to take home with her......

............ the search continued.

It was about at this time that I realize that I'm really proud of her and what she's learned in the last year or so. Yup..... a proud father.

.......... the search continues some more.

I end up getting stuck at one cabinet while she moved on down the aisle a ways.

Its then that I hear a shout of WOW, DAD, DAD I want that !!!

She was really exicited, so I move on over to see what she had picked out.

As I stand there in amazement looking into the cabinet that she is pointing at, I hear something along the lines of.............

"Dad, I never knew that they graded sports trading cards !!! I've got to have that Manu Ginobilli (sp) card !!! "

Her new acquisition is now proudly displayed next to her Manu G. Bobble-head.

I guess the coins can wait for another day.

The delightful surprises of children. My favorite line from one of my daughters is still, "Gee Dad, if you've seen one buffalo nickel, haven't you seen 'em all?" laugh.gif

Hoot