• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Show!!!

7 posts in this topic

Here, in the midwest, there is an annual coin show going on this weekend!!! It runs today (Saturday), and ends Sunday!!! Healthy sprinkling of gold coins, both raw and slabbed... little in the way of rolls... some proof sets... decent amount of silver, raw and slabbed... a quick guess would be 75 dealer's tables...

If you have an interest in anything in particular, PM me, and I will check it out for you!!! Please provide the coin, date, grade, and price, and I will see what I can find for you!!!

There is also a decent library of books for sale, including Roman, foreign, Greek, early large cents, tokens... from what I glanced at, a bit steep on prices, but not at the top-end of the range... most in good, to great!, shape-- easily usable...!!!

As it is, I've already spent NEXT! years' lunch money...!!! *sniffle, pout, whine* grin.gif

I'm glad to see you posting again!

Well I always wanted to find a raw ultra cameo proof Jefferson nickel from the 50s, buy it cheaply, slab it and then sell it for insane amounts of money... But I haven't found one yet. If you run across one and don't want to bother slabbing it yourself please let me know wink.gif

Hi, Carl--

yes, it has! been a while... *sheepish grin* Hope all is well...!!! smile.gif

As a matter of fact, yes!-- there are!-- some proof singles to look through...!!! I'll see if any merit a deeper review!!! cool.gif

This is the 34th annual show of a local coin club I belong to!!! Mostly mid-states dealers, but we also have one from New Jersey, as well as California!!! Others include: TX, OK, AR, KS, NE, CO, ND, SD, IA...

Lotsa raw material to look through, very few proof sets, little in the way of the new quarters... some old coppers... gold seems well represented-- raw, as well as slabs...!!!

It's been the best! show I've attended, for a long time!!! I managed to add four! coins to my Reg. sets, and there were at least! three more I wanted...!!!

Now, if I can just sell the car...!!! grin.gif

Carl--

no luck... *sniffle* What was there was nice, but no 'keepers' to bring home for you-- sorry...!!!

Guys--

my apologies!!! I was SO! excited to find some! of what I was looking for, I forgot to answer your questions!!! This was the 34th annual show, held in Lenexa, Kansas-- a suburb of Kansas City. The club is called, The Johnson County Numismatic Society, and you can view the web-site at: http://www.jcns.org . The annual dues are $5.00, and it meets once a month, with the B-I-G show in the fall!!! 75 dealers were listed, and there were door prizes, free drawings (on the hour!), exhibits, as well as a YN auction!!! Also-- NO! admittance fee!!! grin.gif