• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone collect Canadian Maple Leafs?

8 posts in this topic

I just found out about the Canadian Maple Leaf gold and silver coins not too long ago. I think they are some cool coins. There are even some cool ones with holograms etched into them. Does anyone collect them on this board?

I like them but don't have any yet. My grandfather has some nice gold ones. I've been wanting a hologram ML for awhile but no one seems to have them!

I've recently started to collect the hologram coins. The 2001 quarter-ounce gold hologram maples are readily available at a few internet coin shops and on ebay. I haven't found any of the 1oz gold maples anywhere at a price I'm willing to pay.

The 1oz silver maple holograms aren't too hard to find, but I don't think they're as pretty as the gold ones. (Maybe it's that gold fever...)

The Canadian mint has also been making hologram gold coins based on the Chinese lunar calendar. They're gorgeous.

Looks like I may be hanging around in these forums, so I registered. smile.gif

FYI, two of the lunar hologram coins are still available for purchase on the mint's website (www.rcmint.ca) but you can find them cheaper elsewhere.