• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PLaying with OTT lights .. I have a ways to go ...

10 posts in this topic

A long long long way to go… wink.gif As I recall from one of the articles I read about lighting, cameos require that the lights are at a higher angle to the coin. Looks like your lights are a little too far off to the side.

I was thinking of buy this OTT Light. It has a 2x magnification, 13w lamp (lighting equivilent to 75w, 10" base and swivels. $50 total. Would this price be reasonable?

ottlight.jpg

I purchased one just like this about a month ago for right around $50.00 at a Michaels store which I am sure is higher than some places. I am still playing with it trying to get the knack of it. Have yet to find anything that is better than good ole natural sunlight outside if you can get everything positioned right.

Rey

Mike those are nice looking images. Get that glare reduction down and you will have a killer image. As a side note USE 2 OTT lights for more coins.