• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Connecticut Commems........

12 posts in this topic

I just love the design of the Connecticut.

I love it more with that rim-toning that some of them take on especially on the obverse. I think it was Fatman that showed one that was simply stunning. hail.gif

So seven months ago I decided to try and pick one up. This forum and ATS have taught me to wait for the right coin......... I'm still waiting. I realize some of you wait years and years......... jeez, I hope that I don't have too; but if so, then so be it.

Where are all the Connecticuts? There are a couple of unnamed dealers with sizable hoards of especially nice coins....... but they want "mars money" ™ for them. (thats beyond moon money )

So as I wait and wonder when that special coin will come along I thought I'd vent a little.

I do have a question though if someone wouldn't mind addressing.

Are the Connecticut Commems subject to cycles of short supply / excess supply? or are they always tough to get?

Just one more thing.... When a dealer has what might be the "best looking" one that he is constantly parading around for sale, do you think he cares that it taunts me; in fact it haunts me. There is a high price for perfection and that coin has got to be close to it, but Mars is a long ways away from my account at First National Bank. 893whatthe.gif

Hopefully my post will be taken in the light-hearted manner that it was written.

Richard

Ps. please don't pm me offers as I'd rather find the coin than the coin find me smile.gif

cunnycut.jpg

When a dealer has what might be the "best looking" one that he is constantly parading around for sale, do you think he cares that it taunts me; in fact it haunts me. In hopes that you break down and dip into your Mortgage Money/IRA/Tax Refund and give him interplanetary money for the danged thing...but it is probably worth every cent he's asking though, Commemoratives can be pricey.

Most all Connecticuts are toned, 95% of them unattractively to many of us. You could hold out for that rare one that has toning most agree is worth an added premium. My suggestion is to find a nice white one with outstanding luster, and forget about the toned ones. JMHO

I love it more with that rim-toning that some of them take on especially on the obverse. I think it was Fatman that showed one that was simply stunning. hail.gif

Thanks for the kind comments. Here it is for those who have not seen the images.

1935%20CONNECTICUT%20OBV%20&%20REV%20LG.jpg

If you have to have a Connecticut with colorful toning or the look of the piece that is shown a couple of posts up from this, you might have a wait a while. If you could be satisfied with a white one, finding one in MS-64 or 65 is not that hard.

The thing to look for is an absence of marks on the eagle’s head and upper wing, and in the fields in that area. I’ve handled a lot of nice white and slightly toned pieces. The coin can be had for a price, which is below $600 in the current market.

Thanks for the kind comments. Here it is for those who have not seen the images.

1935%20CONNECTICUT%20OBV%20&%20REV%20LG.jpg

Looks like a sunset on the horizon of that coin ... smile.gif .. Its a beautiful Coin