• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Huge Upcoming F.U.N. Auctions.....

6 posts in this topic

I see that Heritage now has all the auctions posted on their website for the upcoming F.U.N. show and there seems to be a tremendous amount of very high end material, classic rarities, as well as several high end and worlds finest collections on the block.

Do you think numerous sellers are just taking advantage of what is typically a very good auction venue for their top end material, or do you think that many dealers and collectors with very expensive sets/collections may see the upcoming F.U.N. show as the top of the market and are choosing to cash out now?

I will be interested to see if much of this material meets the reserves. The FUN auctions will provide a solid read on the health of the market for sure. My opinion is that the current market condition is mediocre at best and most of the the average coins will not sell. The amount of material up for auction is the result of those who missed the boat in early 2006. My personal opinion is that it will take a couple of years to recover to the levels of early 2006.