• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

more on original mintstate trade and i did by cut and paste my first!!

4 posts in this topic

well billman you really have to see this coin to see and understand its originality as i have seen some. it just has the

look and about 10 different things about it that is hard for me to put into words

but it is fully original and has the surfaces to prove it i guess you need to see it in person and having been studying

coins like this and having seen some over 35 or so years and seeing others in this eastern collection all seated

coins finest graded mintstate by pcgs well for me it is a no brainer but again this coin needs to be sight seen and

then a one hour expalination

like the deep skin on the coin the toning line the white satiny original skin on the coin and not looking blast white but

still with flash and blast the crusty surfaces the crisp original mint bloom that was imparted on the coin by the heat of

the dies and unmolested since the day it was minted

the thick original skin that sits right on the coin taking well over 100 years to impart the overall look of the coin. seeing

a few very few other original trade dollars mintstate by many famous numismatists long departed of this earth having

the same look as this coin and with those other coins having no questions 100% provanance back to the date of

issue or close to it!

if you tilt the coin away from a backlighted light sourse incandescent bulb and you DO NOT SEE AN EVEN UNIFORM

WHITE APPEARANCE AS YOU DO WITH A DIPPED COIN AND GENERALLY NO PATINA ON A DIPPED WHITE COIN

WHEREAS THIS TRADE HAS A GREAT PATINA you need to see this coin in person and understand it to see

this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and in certian this original coin the trade has a light surface dirt covering certain areas of the coin and the uneven

patina in certain protected areas vs other areas that if you study seated coins you will see patterns on the original

coins not a secret but a rare thing for someone to see and reconise and know and understand waht they are looking

at!!

many other things but hard for me to put into words!!!

this trade has all these and more!! i guess if you saw this coin in person i could shoew you many more charactistics

that many have never heard of let alone seen on an original white superb mintstate coin in the seated series i could

show you many!!!!!!!!!

i mean it would be quite an education and worth a trip to rochester to see an extremely rare occurance of having the

coins to show you and also the knowledge to impart on you..........lol

see i am a legend in my own mind............lol

You are far better than a legend in your own mind, you are an absent-minded professor! We now need a pic of the coin Michael! lol!!! shocked.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Hoot

Michael - congrats on the cut and paste - think of all the extra time you will have (to write coin descriptions - no more short ones, ok?) now that you know how to do that! But, where are the pics?

thanks hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope to meet you some day !

also mark sorry for the confusion this post was just a follow up of the original trade dollar post if you want to see the photo you should go on the thread monster opriginal trade dollar it is the coin i wasa talking about

i could not seen to cut and paste this thread with the other one which i wanted to do!!!

wow you have a 20 year old son!!!! wow mark i only thought you were like 30 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have a really youthful attitude about you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sincerely michael

48810-1874trade.jpg.5976a2fffb0fa88de7e5484cef6d9464.jpg