• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've about had it with the other forum

38 posts in this topic

I just read comments by Carol, that kincoin's language over there is no worse than some others. What a crock. Just posted that I am goner over there if they allow that kind of behavior. And PCGS can't figure out why their customer service is a joke.

Mike,

Have patience. Both boards have their value. Perhaps it's appropriate for you to take a break. But, things can also get better there, and I'd hate to see you lose out on another source for your coin fix!

wink.gif

EVP

Irishmike,

I saw Carol's message, looked through some of the threads and unfortunately, could not find any foul language (worse than that of some other posters there) on his part. If you are aware of some, please let her know. I hate what he says and the effect he has on the board. I have never replied to his posts or posts about him, as best I can remember. Posters there just wont completely ignore him and their efforts merely keep his name out there.

Anyway, welcome over here - this is a quieter place with far fewer battles! Enjoy the peace.

I guess she pulls threads when you start talking about shunning someone, they did that on the littlewitcher thread over there too.

Mark, have to disagree with you on his language, I've seen her ban for less. I've never seen some of the comments made by that clown before in the coin forum.

Mike,

I'm not aware of what threads have been pulled for bad language previously. If you say his language is worse than what was disallowed previously - good riddance to him then! My main point was that I've seen language by others recently that appeared to be as bad as his. Either way, I'm glad the thread was deleted. He was a giant distraction to those of us looking for legitimate discussions/issues.

Carol PM'ed me to tell me that she's yanking the thread. I understand why she did that. I only wished that she could've let my thread stay alive long enough for more to agree to shun the dork.

Oh, well...

EVP

I moderate an NFL Forum - a really good one, I might add (just in case there are any football fans here, I will shamelessly post the link). There is plenty of one upmanship, but all in good fun, as the core group of members know each other well, and new members are welcomed as much as old friends.

I would expect some boys will be boys stuff surrounding football, but coin collectors? Shoot, if the name wasn't already taken, I would call this the sport of kings (and queens) - wait - that sounded funny!

How about Ladies and Gentlemen?

PS: Football fans of all teams are welcome here:

AthenaLink NFL Rivals Forum

Andy,

Kincoin was being a big-time nuisance, and getting quite a few angry. I posted a thread asking folks who are annoyed by him simply to shun him. Don't acknowledge him, don't respond to any of his posts, nothing. All who agree, simply reply with ``I agree.''

After a while, with a goodly number of affirmative responses, Carol steps in. A short while later, she kills the thread. To be fair, Carol was trying to do her job as fairly as she can. She wasn't terse or abrupt with her actions.

I'm actually a bit surprised that she pulled my thread. I went to have dinner, and when I got back to the computer a couple of hours later, I read my PM from her saying that she's going to yank the thread.

I don't know if the thread itself had gotten out of hand...

EVP

I guess she pulls threads when you start talking about shunning someone, they did that on the littlewitcher thread over there too.

That was a great thread. OK, so I started it. But still, the poll showed that littlewicher should be shunned by something like a 19-1 margin.

I was pissed that she pulled the thread. She also defended him publicly too much. That pissed a lot of people off. Too bad she didn't say to him publicly what she said to him privately.

OK, so I started it. But still, the poll showed that littlewicher should be shunned by something like a 19-1 margin.

WOW!! 19-1 I guess that makes it about unanimous!! I wonder who the ones were? Cobb, kincoin, cc2k.

WOW!! 19-1 I guess that makes it about unanimous!! I wonder who the ones were? Cobb, kincoin, cc2k.

I'd guess LW and his couple of other identities were the ones that voted not to shun him.

carolandlittlewicher.gif

Greg, how 'bout you posting that over on the other message board?

I did. Carol even saw it, but she wasn't too pleased. It was in the General Collectibles forum. Here it is: Anyone Collect Comics Involving Forum Administrators & Forum Members. The thread has 1022 replies to it since I created it on May 10th of this year. laugh.gif

A lot of people are getting fed up with the trolls across the street. There are a lot of knowledgable folks there but it seems a few fools can mess up just about anything so I seldom visit anymore. Hopefully the good ones will come on over at least occasionally.

That cartoon had me ROFL too wink.gif

You know, the reason why I left that forum never to return is because of all the bickering and the Napoleon complexes of some of the members. So why is it necessary to metastasize this stuff to here? I say that anyone who wants to complain, trash or flame should do so exclusively on the other board and stop tainting this one. I came here to learn about coins.

Hate to drag this one up agqain, but yeah EVP things have gotten better over there. I think its time to take a vacation from that forum. Words can't express how disappointed I am in what has been going on there this past 4 days and who instigated it to begin with. Now we have racial slurs tolerated along with the boorish behavior.

Does anyone over there realize how small a group we collectors make? Do they know that 99% of the general populace doesn't give a rip about the coins and collecting habits they foam at the mouth over? confused.gif

What racial slurs? Want me to try to get another person booted from over there? (Say NO, 'cuz that person will simply do his biz here!)

Seriously, what racial slurs? I can't keep up over there; too much to have to wade through...

EVP