• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: World
7 7

2,319 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2017 at 9:38 PM, PocketArt said:

I couldn't pass this British Penny up!  I'm starting to take an interest in British coins...the detail of Victoria's hair is amazing.

453912-1.JPG.0766a43196e130645415081a782b195d.JPG

453912-2.JPG.e6c8ec6a8102505b2ddac648b771a5ea.JPG

What is the grade?  Looks like a MS64

On 6/23/2023 at 9:03 PM, jesbroken said:

A forum member ats got me interested in these recently so I picked up the dates of the war years. I thought them interesting. Hope they belong in this forum. 

Jim

War Years Album Obv with coins.jpg

Yup, you're in the right place. (The RMS Titanic may have been built in Belfast, Ireland but it was a British-flagged ocean liner.) Very nice coins!

On 6/23/2023 at 9:03 PM, jesbroken said:

A forum member ats got me interested in these recently so I picked up the dates of the war years. I thought them interesting. Hope they belong in this forum. 

Jim

War Years Album Obv with coins.jpg

Nice decent set 👍 although these were minted in USA for the Philippines it’s still considered Half and half “world coin type” USA-Philippines..  IMHO 

On 6/24/2023 at 7:43 AM, Jason Abshier said:

Nice decent set 👍 although these were minted in USA for the Philippines it’s still considered Half and half “world coin type” USA-Philippines..  IMHO 

What's this? Dissension in the ranks?  I'm no currency expert but I do know [for God knows how many years] the banknotes of many Latin American countries were printed, under contract, at the American Banknote Company in the South Bronx, New York U.S.A. It's either their money, or ours. None of this hybrid stuff. No way, Jose!  IMNSHO.  🤣

On 7/29/2023 at 9:13 PM, Josh Lemons said:

I don't know why I didn't know NGC had a forum! My newest world purchase.  Seller's pics and a beautiful little silver coin!

Welcome to the forum, that looks like a very nice coin congrats on the addition to your collection.

On 7/29/2023 at 11:13 PM, Josh Lemons said:

I don't know why I didn't know NGC had a forum! My newest world purchase.  Seller's pics and a beautiful little silver coin!

9474_ah600.jpg

Welcome:hi: