• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: World
7 7

2,319 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2022 at 8:45 PM, Alex in PA. said:

I will continue until Elagnore8, aka tErrorist, aka SickCoins, aka Ratzie33, et al goes away

s-l1600.jpg

What about me, Alex? What about me?  How soon we forget...

On 5/20/2022 at 11:58 AM, Cat Bath said:

Woo-hoo!...Got me another chicken.

It's been a long dry spell. Dang things are hard to find in nice condition.

236029521.jpg

Considering the latest P- certification populations, you're a member of an exclusive fraternity. Whatever the reason, there is a glass ceiling at MS-66 resulting in a pileup at that grade and a desert above, and beyond. Congratulations!  🐓 

I just picked this coin up I don't know much about it but lots of people were fighting me for it... I paid to much for it....lol... but I had to win....But All I've seen is there had been alot of counterfeit ones over the years.. Can anyone tell me how to know if its real..

IMG_20220531_172425.jpg

IMG_20220531_172407.jpg

On 6/2/2022 at 7:49 AM, Djfon333 said:

I just picked this coin up I don't know much about it but lots of people were fighting me for it... I paid to much for it....lol... but I had to win....But All I've seen is there had been alot of counterfeit ones over the years.. Can anyone tell me how to know if its real..

IMG_20220531_172425.jpg

IMG_20220531_172407.jpg

[I don't know but I feel those who do, to echo an infamous line, are thinking: "What difference, at this point, does it make?"]   🤔 

On 7/24/2022 at 10:10 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I haven't picked up any coins for a long time, months, but this one just had me cracking up so I bought it. The design with privy mark placement reminds me of Hungry Hungry Hippos on steroids. lol

image.jpeg.457b6eb77e37b4ceccc29dd3987b8f2f.jpeg

image.jpeg.83d4928d1e1ad7e42838109fa9163b7a.jpeg

I do not know what language is spoken in BURUNDI, but "UBUMWE," according to one source I consulted, stated its literal translation is: "YOU GIVE ME."  When compared to the U.S.D., this doesn't sound far-fetched. [It ain't easy to get two hippopotami* to pose like that, on cue, in the wild.]

*correct Latin plural form.

@tigerbait

Or @tj96

I cannot remember which of you gentlemen asked me for a photo of a French 20-franc gold rooster.  May I kindly direct your attention to @Cat Bath's superb coin posted above, in this thread, on May 20.  (thumbsu