• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U.S.Mint coin capsules

8 posts in this topic

I believe the capsuls the Mint uses are custom made for the Mint. They are very similar to AirTite direct fit capsuls. My favorite source for AirTite capsules is JP's Corner, a store in Missouri where I buy almost all of my supplies. Not only are their prices good, they ship fast, and they are one of the few establishments I know that will sell individual AirTite holders that are not in blister packs, which drives up the price.

Check out their website at http://www.jpscorner.com/ for the full list of their section.

No... I don't work for JP's. I am just a very satisfied customer!

Scott

I realize this is off-topic, but ... I just made a purchase at JP's Corner yesterday after hearing (reading) about it on this thread. I'd been buying from the Brent-Krueger Group website for the last year and they charge a heck of a lot for shipping, and I wanted to see what JP's was like. I was looking for an Airtite size H album, 20 Airtite Direct-fits for Peace dollars, 2 Airtite 23 mm capsules for a half penny and a 2-cent, and 4 quarter tubes. JP's came to $33 with shipping, and B-K came to $36 without shipping ($45 with). Guess who got my cash?

The main difference was on the price of the Airtites, which cost a little under 50¢ from JP's but about 80¢ from B-K (and they're usually around $1 from a dealer). So yeah, if you're looking to buy lots of Airtites, I'm recommending JP's, too. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I should say that while I very nearly unconditionally recommend JP's Corner, if you're only getting a few low-dollar items (even, say, a single dansco album) you can often get a better deal with shipping and overall cost via eBay. That's where I buy my danscos. With eBay, I can usually get an album shipped for JP's cost before shipping.