• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Backed by popular demand...!!!

33 posts in this topic

I would love to see the black holder for gold coins. I have some ancient gold coins in ICG holders with the black intercept shield inserts and they look stunning. I would be willing to pay a premium for NGC black holders for my gold type coins.

I agree! Has anyone ever noticed how beautiful gold and silver look on black velvet in a jewelry case? It's my hope that NGC may some day offer the choice between white and black cores for their holders. It would be simple for us submitters, just include a checkbox on our invoices stating our preference.

Another thing that I think would be nice would be for NGC to give submitters the option of ordering an NGC storage box to return our orders in. Particularly an order with 20 or more coins.

Keep up the good work NGC!

Andy cool.gif

I was fortunute enough to purchase a Black holdered NGC coin recently (through a CU board member, Dragon) and it just arrived.

Great looking holder! I didn't know NGC also used silver instead of gold on their hot stamped logo back then.

Guys--

awesome idea!!! As NGC 'slabs' thousands of coins each month!, would it be that?! difficult to add a box on the submission form, requesting the 'style' of holder the coin is returned in???

Personal choice here, but-- YES!-- I would love to see my gold in a black "presentation" holder!!! The beauty of this is that-- should the company offer choices of different 'colors', each submitter would cherish their pieces even more!!!

So far, it doesn't seem that folks would mind paying a little extra for this added 'service'!!! I know I wouldn't!!!

As for 20-coin boxes, didn't that "service-across-the-street" supply them for free!, when submitters sent some 12, 15, or 20 (or more!) coins? Has that come to an end??? If so, does that?! make THEM! collectibles...???shocked.gif

Come on, folks!!! NGC isn't gonna do a thing about 'change', unless we request it!!!

Half a dozen replies is NOT! going to make a difference!!!

We all KNOW! that NGC is an awesome! company-- let's show off!!!

V O T E !!!

Thank-you!!! smile.gif

I don't own any gold coins in the black holder nor have I ever seen one, but it sounds like a good idea. If we really want them to do it then maybe we should go to their headquarters and start a riot.

I am all for consumers having more choices - provided it doesn't significantly add to the cost of the service, both parties should be winners with the additional choice and revenue. Perhaps NGC could state if there is a significant procedural cost involved in having to check for which color holder? Perhaps that procedural cost would be diminished if the black holder was only an option for gold. Or perhaps ALL gold should be slabbed black unless otherwise requested?

It'd probably be easy for NGC to do the black inserts if it was required that ALL coins on the invoice be slabbed in the black slab.

NGC is such a responsive company that I'm sure these black inserts will be available in a short while. wink.giflaugh.gif

TDN,

Thanks for the quick poll, I'm impressed. You got my vote. This is a good idea, to bring up a subject of interest, than have a poll to tally the vote. Good job.

Thanks,

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

John

Thanks, B, and!-- TDN!-- for your efforts!!! I, for one, very much! appreciate all you've done to help move this thread into reality!!! smile.gif

Should this effort fail to bring about the opportunity to have 'colored' slabs, do you think that NGC 'might' offer the black cores as an option anyway??? I know it would be a beautiful sight, to view my gold in this manner...!!! Just a thought...