• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to store circulated cent collection?

8 posts in this topic

So I'm working on building a circulated lincoln cent collection. This is just my pocket change album, so I don't want to put lots of money into it (just change - hee hee). I would like to be able to see the reverse as well as the obverse. Any suggestions/pictures of potential albums. I'm probably not going to collect proof cents any time soon, but I may branch into a circulated collection of wheat cents.

Better yet, anyone actually got an album they're not using?

Dansco makes a nice album. Putting together a set of Indians is not going to be cheap, but it will be fun. I am working on a set myself as sorta a side set. There are 3 Key dates as you know 1877, 1908 S, and 1909 S, then a bunch of semi key dates.

Err Bruce... Pendragon's doing Lincolns. I also reccomend a dansco if you absolutely have to see the reverse. A Whitman works just as well without the reverse, and cost about 1/4 as much.

Its been a long day... I am not even sure what I was looking at and reading. Lincoln cents will be a long set and it will keep you with something to work on. There again there are 3 keys, 1914 D, 1909 S VDB, 1931 S, and if you are including the 1922 No D, then 4. After that there are many semi keys and such. Its a very nice set to complete which I just did not too long back.

I purchased a used Whitman Classic Lincoln Wheat cent album (1909-1940) at a coin show for $1 and I put my circulated Wheat cents in there.

Yeah, I agree that unless you have to see the reverse - which for just pocket change isn't the biggest priority - then go for a Dansco album. Otherwise, go for a Whitman folder, which is what I have all my Lincolns in ('cept for the hundreds of duplicates, which are in tubes).

Another option would be 2x2s, pocket pages, and a three ring binder. It's not as fancy, but works well and lets you see both sides.

Another option would be 2x2s, pocket pages, and a three ring binder. It's not as fancy, but works well and lets you see both sides.

Good suggestion.

My coin shop sells used albums dirt cheap. Is this a regular practice?

If so, you might want to keep a lookout for one.

Hays