• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How can we shake up this forum?

44 posts in this topic

Mark,

One thing I've noticed more about the "other side of the street" that adds a lot of traffic over there, is the never ending complaints, and defense (some justified, some not) of PCGS! I have yet to read a post over here about inconsistant grading, Dorito fragments in my slab, endless diatribes about how other grading companies s*ck, incredibly poor customer service, how the low grades on my coins were due to the graders not getting laid enough, or other testosterone driven drivel.

Mind you, I find it all very entertaining. I also find SOME of the E-bay sleuths very informative in bringing information about fraud and what dealers to avoid. Particulary the long thread about the E-bay seller that was using Pinnacle Rarities coin pictures to try and rip people off for a LOT of money. Now THAT would be a cool story for you to tell over here.

Shaking things up over here? I don't know exactly. I would love reading "stories by the pro's" from some of the NGC people, you, and others here talking about strange numismatic experiences - something intriguing. Perhaps some historical numismatic experiences of some of the well versed, long time collectors here.

Just my .02 piece worth! laugh.gif

Andy

I agree. Over THERE it is encouraged (other than by a few) to disagree and even rip into PCGS (and, NGC and all the other Services).

Here, if anything negative is stated about NGC it is brushed or flammed off.

Now, admittingly, NGC is doing very little that would warrant a complaint, at least by me.

In the last year or so what little annoying complaints I may have had are, for the most part, no longer.

NGC 1- listens to suggestions/complaints and, 2- ACTS on them!

It reminds me of a funny scene in Seinfield where he is at the car rental window of an airport. He had reserved a car that now, to his bitterness, was no longer available. His take on "taking Reservations" and actually delivering on them is very funny.

How to dress things up here?

NGC: Start messing up so we may throw you down and the rest of us: when (and if) NGC does, allow the comments not to go uncontested, if that is your choice, but not so easily dismissed either.

Pat,

What an odd way to compliment NGC. If I didn't know you any better, I'd swear that you're an NGC-fanatic!

How can you show your face over at the other forum again?!?

wink.gif

BTW, JT Snow just jacked one off the wall w/ two on to tie the game at two! So close to being a homer! I love post-season baseball! (I love regular season baseball too! I even love off-season talk about baseball! Sorry, wrong forum!)

EVP

EVP, I know, I know. What to do? Damned if everything on my "wish list" wasn't fixed or taken care of via NGC. I have run out of areas to complain about!

Every question or concern I've had has been met with professionalism and courtesy whether it's been on the phone or by email.

NGC has implemented many ideas from members here. Everything from improving the Registry (making it more user friendly) to even switching 'Toned Side Up" in their holders!

Poor WSM. I wonder if his ears are burning from being discussed? In the meanwhile, I have a more serious question: Why do you suppose that more newbies go to the PCGS boards? Do you suppose it's something "stupid," such as the fact that when you type in PCGS.com you go to the PCGS site whereas when you type in NGC.com you go to a Ninetndo gamecube site?

Mark

It is harder to find this site from a web search. I searched coin grading and found pcgs, but ngc. It was only from discussions on the pcgs board that I found out about ngc and this board.

When the empress pissed me off I looked over here and never looked back.

Mark,

WSM's ears may be burning, but what used to be between them has long been gone! shocked.gif As for more Newbies over at the CU forums, I think many have gone there vs. here because of Google's rec.collecting.com. There are alot of CU forum members that frequent both. I'm not sure how many of the members here participate. I also think that there are far more modern collectors (as in state quarters, Kennedy's, ASE's, modern commems, etc) whose knowledge, and desire to learn is limited to the specific areas that interest them. There are some seriously esoteric coin discussions and numismatic history lessons here. Just look at some of the trivia questions! Personally, I come to NGC's forums to learn, and to the CU forums to play. For the most part.

Andy laugh.gif