• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What kind of error is this?

2 posts in this topic

I'd need a better photo to tell. It could be a die gouge or die crack. I'd lean toward the gouge because the "E" seems pretty even. If it were a crack, you might see rough edges on it. If the mark is relatively smooth it is more than likely a gouge: if it appears rough and uneven, then it would be a crack.



Link to comment
Share on other sites