• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My trade experience with Jazzy / JohnZ

18 posts in this topic

Let me preface this by saying I am upset about the situation I'm about to describe, but that's not necessarily why I am posting this message. In fact, I debated posting this in the first place, but I finally decided that in the numismatic community, everyone has the right to as much accurate information as they can get on potential buyers/sellers. Thus, I am going to describe my recent trade experience with Jazzy / JohnZ.

As anyone who read my earlier post on the "I've decided to Build a Website..." thread, I completed an earlier transaction with Jazzy wherein he sent me several freebies for no other reason than I was newly returned to the hobby and I had expressed interest in trimes. When almost everyone else in the thread was attacking him for stiffing several YN's across the street in a giveaway, I defended him on the basis of my previous experience with him.

I also mentioned that we were in the process of a trade. I offered to trade John a brand-new copy of A Handbook of 20th-Century United States Gold Coins: 1907-1933 by David W. Akers in exchange for a 1912 Liberty Head Nickel in AU-55 condition. We finalized the terms of the trade on May 7th - I would await the coin, examine it in hand, and either return it or mail the book. I am very glad now that I did not agree to send the book at the same time.

On May 8th, John PM'd me and advised that he would mail the coin "tomorrow." I waited two weeks, and no coin arrived. I then PM'd him asking what the situation was. He replied on May 25th and said he'd mail it "tomorrow or Friday." That was my last communication from John. I've never received the coin, and two PMs I've sent to him (marked to notify me when they were read) since then have not been opened or read.

So that's my experience with Jazzy/JohnZ. I'm disappointed that after defending him publicly and stating that I had no doubt this deal would go through, he chose to string me along and then disappear with no word. I wouldn't even be that upset if he had just said he changed his mind about the trade, but as it is, he kept me from doing anything about the book from April 27 (when he first expressed interest in it) to this date. I'm frustrated about this situation, and disappointed that someone I hoped I could trust turned out not to be interested in establishing that kind of numismatic relationship.

frown.gif

I'm sorry to hear that,he seemed like a nice fellow.Unfortunately he seems to have gone back to his old ways of making a promise and then not bothering to follow through my shipping the item. frown.gif

So did I. I feel like I did everything I should have (cut him more slack than most people would, in fact) and yet he bailed out on me. I'm upset about the deal, but more so, because I would have liked to develop a friendship.

"I completed an earlier transaction with Jazzy wherein he sent me several freebies for no other reason than I was newly returned to the hobby and I had expressed interest in trimes."

Hey look at the bright side you got a few freebies outside of it.

Enjoy the coins and let it go.

Maulemall, I'm not writing to vent - I'm just making note of it so that in the future, if someone's planning on making a deal with him somewhere, they can consider what happened with my trade deal with him. Consider this more like a negative feedback than me trying to roast him.

By the way, if anyone's interested: I just posted the book back up for trade in the marketplace forum. (Not trying to spam, so I won't link to it)

Sorry to hear what happened. I always thought most of the people were very generous, and honest. I guess some people like to put on a false moustache of sorts and try to play it off like they're something that they really aren't.

By the way, if anyone's interested: I just posted the book back up for trade in the marketplace forum. (Not trying to spam, so I won't link to it)

You don't have to link it,we all know where the marketplace is...spammer sign-rantpost.gif

wink.gif

Maulemall, I'm not writing to vent - I'm just making note of it so that in the future, if someone's planning on making a deal with him somewhere, they can consider what happened with my trade deal with him. Consider this more like a negative feedback than me trying to roast him.

Believe me when I say I thought you showed a lot of class in your defense of the guy.I didn't think you were venting.

People with his type of personal deficiencies are best left to their own worst enemy, Themselves.

That's sad, hopefully there is a reason for his actions. But, you just never know anymore. It's nice to have friends you can depend on and trust, then every once in a while, one of them just reaches up and slaps ya. Dang shame. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'll state my only transaction with Jazzy factually. He requested purchase of one of my Randall coins, which I agreed to at a certain (very fair) price. Jazzy thought he would need to take advantage of my layaway, but about two weeks later, contacted me to let me know he'd be sending payment in full. I did receive the full payment in the form of a money-order, and mailed the coin immediately. A couple of days later, Jazzy was kind enough to leave me a courteous and energetic voice message thanking me for the quality of the coin.

I was completely unaware of any controversy surrounding "JohnZ" until Goose linked me to a thread across the street after the transaction. I do not know if it's the same person, nor does it necessarily matter to me. Now, I don't condone the alleged situation where some kids were left with nothing more than a broken promise, but I don't think that one very poor action makes a bad person.

I don't know Jazzy nearly well enough to know his character. I am sorry that you did not have a successful transaction with him.

James

I would bet he is still here and across the street under a new ID. smile.gif

John,John,is that you? blush.gif

27_laughing.gif

laugh.gif

I also bet he won't post another web site showing he registered the domain under his real name. smile.gif

laugh.gif

I also bet he won't post another web site showing he registered the domain under his real name. smile.gif

Heh,I'm sure he won't be giving out his real name anytime soon.Although I should note that you can hide your registration info so that folks can't look it up...

laugh.gif

Heh,I'm sure he won't be giving out his real name anytime soon.Although I should note that you can hid your registration info so that folks can't look it up...

How can you hide your registration info?

You can request private registration through the provider of your service. There is an extra, though nominal, fee for this.

It's a shame that JohnZ didn't just admit it was him and give us the real reason he stiffed the kids across the street. I suspect the reason he did not conclude your deal with him was because he's either embarrassed or ashamed to show his face now.

As far as the PCGS happenings...who knows...maybe he had something happen at home and could not afford to send out the coins and had to sell them instead??? Stuff like that Does happen but no one was ever told anything other than "they're in the mail".

If he would have admitted it was him and offered up some sort of logical explanation instead of lying,( and having people prove him to be a liar), and apologized to the YN's publicly, I think the entire issue would have been dust in the wind and forgotten and everyone, including him, could have moved on.

As it is though, people don't tend to forget when their friends have been stiffed. (obviously)

I personally respect someone more that tells the truth no matter what that truth might be.