• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
8 8

10,498 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, ldhair said:

0_50-1827-curl-base-2-1_size0.jpg

0_50-1827-curl-base-2-2_size0.jpg

If there is a collector anywhere with an 1827 half-dollar finer than this -- curlicue two, and all -- post it now, or forever hold your piece.  On the French grading scale, this is a Fleur de Coin, a bona-fide FDC.  I dare anyone to challenge by grade and class one of the finest pieces the OP has ever sprung upon us without advance notice.  I pronounce this the last word in halves. Exceptional iridescent peripheral toning!  Sharp devices with prominent high point details. The fields are smooth and shine with brilliance!  Unupgradeable!  Someone hand me a gold sticker.  This IS The Last Word!

12 hours ago, AcesKings said:

Best I can do.....sorry no curlicue 2....

1827-O-120z.jpg.29f5ab2613956946451ddb5d34bc6959.jpg1827R-O-120a.jpg.995cb305b6cb3f0bc66123ac5472b976.jpg

This is a fine specimen!  And it's got a less assertive curlicue 2 -- but it's there!  Both minted in the same place? They both share a muted U in UNUM.  Shared DNA.  Have either of you thought of encapsulation?  These coins are nearly 200 years old! NICE SHOW, GUYS!

4 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

This is a fine specimen!  And it's got a less assertive curlicue 2 -- but it's there!  Both minted in the same place? They both share a muted U in UNUM.  Shared DNA.  Have either of you thought of encapsulation?  These coins are nearly 200 years old! NICE SHOW, GUYS!

Stop trashing my thread with your garbage. Go away. Many have left this site because of your need to screw up others threads. Create your own threads and screw them up.

25 minutes ago, ldhair said:

Stop trashing my thread with your garbage. Go away. Many have left this site because of your need to screw up others threads. Create your own threads and screw them up.

The Forum is governed by explicit Guidelines.  If you detect what appears to be a violation of those Guidelines, I suggest you Report it.

13 hours ago, ldhair said:

Image_1645.JPG

Image_1646.JPG

Very. Lovely.  (Is there no safe way to get the ear wax out?)

The lightning strike, rather than detracting or distracting from, gives this piece its unique character emphasizing its squeaky, unusually strong strike points.  ^^

Rather than detracting or distracting viewers with its unusually strong strike points, the random lightning bolt only emphasizes the coin's unique character and worthiness to be included among the greats.  ^^