• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
8 8

10,498 posts in this topic

very nice victor! I wonder what my photo will look like compared to it.

Good idea! We can place all three photos side by side.

It will be educational as well.

p.s. My photo has not been tampered with by adjusting the hue, saturation, etc.

I see that the "follow the lead" part of this thread has been done away with and there are many discontinuities in the progression. Maybe we should change this to a "post a coin you like" thread. insane.gif

no, its' still follow the lead.

commems were posted.

that's why I posted my connecticut commem but I can't find the post!!!!! oy vey.

and tomb was on my mind...

well here it is again::::

To me, a TRUE TO HEART Connecticut coin.

211488497_dd735dd0b9.jpg

211488499_82331b7473.jpg

in the post that dissapeared, i mentioned how great I thought this coin was, representing Connecticut using earth, wood (fire) and air. where's the water???

What a coin, a strong tree, an OAK for goshsakes and a big, BIG eagle. Whoa.

Autumn coloring. It's just too much...

edited to add: is this the biggest eagle on a coin?

Edited by MikeKing

I see that the "follow the lead" part of this thread has been done away with and there are many discontinuities in the progression. Maybe we should change this to a "post a coin you like" thread. insane.gif

It went from 1892 to 1892 ... then from Commem to Commem.

Yes, there were small sections of continuity today. But earlier an 1840 half dime was followed by an 1889 half dollar. Then an 1858 seated half was followed by an 1892 Barber half.

I'm not trying to be the thread police, just pointing out that some aren't paying attention. Please, go back to posting whatever you would like.

Michael, your Connecticut is wonderful! This design is truly one of my favorites throughout all of US numismatics. I haven't checked, but the Bridgeport eagle might be larger, at least the wingspan should be. Although many folks don't like the Bridgeport eagle, the same designer executed both the Bridgeport and the Connecticut. His name was Henry Kreis and I believe he is overlooked when we speak of gifted medalists/engravers who have worked on our coinage.

By the way, if the eagle on the Connecticut has a full bladder then I think we have found our water. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, there were small sections of continuity today. But earlier an 1840 half dime was followed by an 1889 half dollar. Then an 1858 seated half was followed by an 1892 Barber half.

I'm not trying to be the thread police, just pointing out that some aren't paying attention. Please, go back to posting whatever you would like.

There was perfect continuity:

Seated Liberty Half Dime to a Seated Liberty Half Dollar to a Barber Half Dollar to a Commemorative Half Dollar.

What's the problem? confused-smiley-013.gif

That's a nice little coin, RGT. Here's another. The slab is scuffed, which makes the coin look mushy when in reality it is not.

1344520-CopyofE1872P65a.jpg

1858oobvrevpanhornq5.jpg

these look like original seated coins, beyond beautiful, am I right?

1839 no drapery...

1345652-1839SeatedNoDrap50cAU55PCGS05-280.jpg

beautiful coin. I've been looking for a no drapery for my type set. not an easy task to find one so beautiful.

Why thank you Lee. Here's another you may like. grin.gifJohn

Most definately!!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

I'll share this one:

Img23300.jpg

Img23294A.jpg