• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
8 8

10,517 posts in this topic

Great coins every one! thumbsup2.gif

Like them all, but these two resently are the kind of stuff I love to find at shows, (when I have the money of course confused-smiley-013.gif).

RGT's 1851 Trime; WOW! That’s just the kind of example I want for the coin that fills the type 1 hole in my type set, full strike and good eye appeal. If I saw that coin for sale I’d jump on it real fast. cloud9.gif

I also like Leeg's 1857 half cent too, like it a lot, very eye appealing over all look. 893applaud-thumb.gif

This coin is also a hole in my type set which I have been looking for lately and sure would be happy finding something that looked like it, although for a type example I would stay away from an 1857 and look for a more common date, (unless I saw a really killer 57). foreheadslap.gif

Myself, I have just one coin dated 1857 …

1857-cent.jpg

NIce coin EZ

Thanks, Michael. This was actually the very first 19th century proof that I owned.

Very pretty. I was going to ask if it was a proof or a proof-like. Seeing seated coinage like this and what is above is making me more and more fond of seated liberty coinage which I used to consider boring in the past. No more.

Seeing seated coinage like this and what is above is making me more and more fond of seated liberty coinage which I used to consider boring in the past. No more.

frustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.gif

Mr Yuk, See what you done made me do. I just purchased two Seated Halves foreheadslap.gif

Edited to add: Seriously, I had already been looking at them. Here is one of them.

1858oobvrevir1.jpg

Seeing seated coinage like this and what is above is making me more and more fond of seated liberty coinage which I used to consider boring in the past. No more.

frustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.gif

Tom - Why the hair pulling?

Hays

Tom - Why the hair pulling?

Because Seated Liberty coinage that is problem-free and attractive is not the easiest stuff to find, and when you have a numismatist of the caliber of MikeKing stating that he is now taking a closer look at this niche, well, that can't be good news to those of us who like to pickoff underappreciated and underpriced gems such as this-

1322647-E1858N66.jpg

1322647-E1858N66.jpg.e988e08c8cef038aacee4be5608a6235.jpg

1318942-1885SEATEDLIBERTYQUARTEROBVERSE2.jpg1317081-1885SEATEDLIBERTYQUARTERREVERSE1.jpg

p.s. This coin was personally ms70'd by Greg himself. Thanks bud! grin.gif

Smoking coin Victor. Hopefully soon this coin will be displayed proudly amoung its other great friends.

There is definitely some nice Seated Liberty coinage to be found but that is only because Seated Liberty coinage is not highly sought after in general except by type collectors. With a continuing interest being stirred in numismatics, I wonder if this will be true in the coming years.

The following proof dime has a mintage of but 1000 but yet, it only cost me $650. I still find that incredible especially in light of the price some of the low mintage moderns bring!

1322919-dime1870%2520obv.jpg1322924-dime1870%2520rev.jpg

p.s. These aren't the best photos but the coin in hand has great mirrors and a slight cameo contrast with nice album toning (NGC PR64). I got this from Mark Feld and was 3 minutes quicker than another interested buyer. Whew! I'm glad I got it. I actually replaced a BU 1891 S dime in my Dansco album with this newps

This is not surprising to those who know me since I always have a tendency to acquire a proof specimen for my type collection when possible.

589a90bcc241f_1322919-dime187020obv.jpg.6c463dc3642e6660f79dfa06dcae0332.jpg

Little sister, of which another forum member is now the proud owner:

g185341.jpg

Cool, I was about to post that but you beat me to it.

p.s. James, I need a sweet SL dime between 1838 and 1860 (?) for my Dansco album. Do you have one? If not, then keep your eye open for one. Thanks.

p.s. zrlevin

Those are some outstanding, circulated examples!!!

p.s. zrlevin

Those are some outstanding, circulated examples!!!

Thanks Victor! I got the first one from James, and the second one at my local coin show. Now I have to find a bust dime that matches... insane.gif

Zach

Thanks Victor! I got the first one from James, and the second one at my local coin show. Now I have to find a bust dime that matches... insane.gif

Zach

In VF? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Zach

Good luck! I've been trying to find one for 3 yrs now. I was going to bite the bullet and buy a MS64 from Mark Feld for $2800 but he had already sold it. frown.gif

Maybe I've been looking in the wrong places but I just can't find a problem free example.

Good luck! I've been trying to find one for 3 yrs now. I was going to bite the bullet and buy a MS64 from Mark Feld for $2800 but he had already sold it. frown.gif

Maybe I've been looking in the wrong places but I just can't find a problem free example.

893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif