• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
8 8

10,440 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2022 at 11:01 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Your lovely quarters are forcing me to take back every bad thing I have ever said about clad coinage.]  😉 

That one is very nice. I had to stare for a few moments when I saw it. 

On 5/25/2022 at 8:40 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Amazing toning on this one. That is truly a beautiful quarter. Your coins never fail to astonish me my good friend. :takeit:

Thank you sir, very kind words indeed.   This was a coin I bought in an ACG slab back in the early 2000's.   If you are not aware, ACG was run by a single person Alan Hagar, he was a very good grader and won the PCGS grading competition several times I have read.   However, he had a propensity for grading his own coins and inventory on the rather liberal side and most people began to avoid his slabs as a result.

I then sent it to NGC as a crossover, unlike today many years ago NGC did accept other slab brands for crossover besides just PCGS, and it crossed at the same grade.    I honestly think its undegraded at MS64, but I also don't think it is worth the gamble to resubmit for a possible plus or one grade bump.