• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
8 8

10,439 posts in this topic

That's an interesting image comparison. The first set looks a bit washed out while the second obverse looks too warm, is the in-hand truth in between? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Somewhere inbetween. Probably better if I describe it. Center is magenta, periphery is blue, basically. It's one of those semi proof-like Busties i.e., the surface is highly reflective, but if the lighting is distant enough, there is definitive uninterrupted cartwheel effect. I tried taking some pics using sunlight as the only source, and this brought it close to 'in hand' viewing, but it's difficult to capture the luster and the color at the same time. There is also a scuff mark in the plastic, right above the ear.

231215329_0f0abcd495.jpg

rotated 90degrees, brings out the lower hair curls better, but not the top ones.

231210861_d698c94a5b.jpg

231213047_cba9fccf13.jpg

I think I really need two lights to get the hair down. I think the most appealing photos of busties are when the entire line following the hair curls is well lit, but it's not easy to do that.

Edited by MikeKing

They are simply cool! Another under-rated series, I think, which is great for collectors, that's for sure. I don't have ANY in my collection. HOpefully some day. Some great examples in this thread.

That is a way beautiful Franklin, great toning. I think Franklins like that are a hard find and definitely under-appreciated.

I'll follow the Franklin lead with a photo I borrowed from the auctioneer as I haven't received it yet.

244093677_eddd9b8f63.jpg

244093679_28cb92c95d.jpg