• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLQ

18 posts in this topic

The obverse fields look spectacular! It also appears that the head is exceptionally full. The inner rivets look a touch weak, is this so? If they are also full you will then have a mighty well struck SLQ. By the way, does the coin have a reverse? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Strangely, all of the 1919 issues can be found with excellent strikes with just a little patience. There is a myth that it was a poorly struck date, but that is not true at all - UNCS will usually come pretty nice.

The myth arose because the 1919s were highly susceptible to losing their dates with just a little wear. Thus, EF coins that "look" well struck are very difficult to come by.

Your coin is fantastic, and I love the glowing patina. Congratulations!

James

You are right about the 1919 being well struck..there are some very nice examples out there...generally the 1917 type one's are the best struck of the series, but you can find some seriously fine examples in many of the other dates. Check this 17S type one..scr

1201138-1917-S-SLQ-Type1-O(Medium).jpg.7e920be3809106b118cbe1d697093c6f.jpg

RoelSports,

Amazing coin. I thought my 66FH was nice but yours: takeit.gif

Where did you find it ? Palm Harbor, Florida ? poke2.gif

Congratulations.

Mike

1203264-1919PSLQPCGS66FH.jpg.50387fb2a3ba552a2dc99dc0943ec67e.jpg