• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,889 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2022 at 2:26 PM, Lem E said:

Thanks. I hope it is. I’m curious what that is at the bottom of the eagle claw. Die crack maybe? I can’t tell. I do buy white coins every once in a while.

It looks raised in the photo to me so I would also think die crack.

On 5/2/2022 at 8:54 PM, Lem E said:

Very nice piece. I was supposed to be getting my new Walker today, but unfortunately they sent me the wrong coin. I got a 1945 D Lincoln 66RD instead. Not sure if they sent my coin to someone else but if the recipient of my coin isn’t honest and sends it back to the seller, they will be taking a good hit. Not quite sure what they can do in that situation. I would like to have the coin but I will get my money back at least if they can’t find it. I hope it pans out and I get the coin.

I had a seller send me the wrong coin last year, I was lucky as he had just swapped it and still had the correct coin.   I hope you are successful in getting the coin you were expecting.

On 5/5/2022 at 2:02 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Im working on a set of these also. Lumii_20220505_150059629.thumb.jpg.04eb1075f6032457cce36d6a63881043.jpg

Very nice. I think this is a series that is currently undervalued. If it ever catches on more it will be a good series to have. I think now is a good time to buy them. 

On 5/7/2022 at 6:36 PM, Buffalo Head said:

Here’s one that arrived earlier this week that I find good enough to add to my primary collection.  It will replace 2 PCGS 65’s.

This one here is a 66 that looks more like a 67 to me.

Thanks for looking, Joe

5D7134CC-0870-4C64-8CFD-921BBF76DB9F.webp

73E45F1E-1C3A-4500-A430-C67C31BF156F.webp

Very attractive!  Congrats on the new addition. :golfclap:

On 5/7/2022 at 12:16 PM, Woods020 said:

Very nice. I think this is a series that is currently undervalued. If it ever catches on more it will be a good series to have. I think now is a good time to buy them. 

I noticed several had fairly low prices. Im gonna put together a set before the prices start shooting up. Seems like Washingtons really started going up after i started putting togethera set of them. My mom actually bought the 1955 for me. She gave me the money for my birthday and told me to get something so I got that. 

Edited by Hoghead515

On 5/14/2022 at 10:55 AM, GBrad said:

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well.  I was fortunate to win this one on an auction yesterday. These are the seller's pictures.  I've never owned a decent example of a cracked planchet so I thought I would mark that one off my list. I feel I got lucky in winning this one as the winning bid didn't break the bank.  Looking forward to seeing it in hand. 

s-l1600.png

s-l1600.png

Congrats on the hew addition!  :golfclap:

On 5/14/2022 at 2:32 PM, Coinbuf said:

Congrats on the hew addition!  :golfclap:

Thank you Coinbuf!

On 5/14/2022 at 2:36 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

@GBrad My apologies... I was looking at another post, and got wires crossed.  But, I am also happy for YOU.  and I would love to have that cracked planchet :flamed:

No worries.  I figured it was just a typo.  I do that all the time...lol.  I went back and edited my comment.  No problem at all.  

Thanks for the like.  A friend brought it to my attention yesterday and I got lucky with only one other bidder involved.  Sometimes ya win... sometimes ya lose! I got lucky.  Thanks again.