• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,889 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Coinbuf said:

Ohhh flames are cool!

Bryan-H-Challenger-pic3.jpg

I thought he was talking about the other kind of flame job. :roflmao:  I need to pull them all up in a pile and light them up. Start over again. All I can afford to buy back is junk tho. I'd be working on it too if I did. I guess at least I got alot of new parts in these I own now. I guess that's the bright side of it. 

2 hours ago, Lem E said:

Stepping into @Hoghead515 territory with this one for the type set. My 1st “old fatty” holder. 

2C474196-FDF1-4287-ABA6-42C1748FF464.jpeg

B2CB5EDE-C0FE-4048-8A5B-6B624BA65BBD.jpeg

AC8C1B7E-E093-4684-93F7-204FFC67782B.jpeg

Lem is coming out blazing on the type set. Look out folks!

Very nice. What more could you want? Beautiful toning, MS67 gem, green bean and throw back holder. 

2 hours ago, Lem E said:

Stepping into @Hoghead515 territory with this one for the type set. My 1st “old fatty” holder. 

2C474196-FDF1-4287-ABA6-42C1748FF464.jpeg

B2CB5EDE-C0FE-4048-8A5B-6B624BA65BBD.jpeg

AC8C1B7E-E093-4684-93F7-204FFC67782B.jpeg

Very nice brother !!!!!  I love it. I think only one of mine I'd in an old fatty. Maybe 2. I know 1 for sure. 

30 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

Something I picked up recently for one of my year sets, no time to image it yet so the GC photos for now.

36ts obv.jpg

36ts rev.jpg

Very nice! San Frans are always nice pick ups and the + & FB round it out nicely. Congrats!

Just now, Coinbuf said:

Thank you gentlemen, I don't normally gravitate towards crusty toning like this but I liked how it framed the center of the obverse. :)

It's an absolute beauty. I love that even toning all the way around like that. And the clear center. You scored a dandy. 

1 hour ago, jimbo27 said:

sorry it took so long to get back to this, I forgot all about it, here is the obverse in the holder

987725-1.jpg

Here is the perfect candidate for a Guess the Grade post!

On 6/3/2021 at 1:27 PM, Buffalo Head said:

Another type 1 to add to my pile.  I picked this one up because of the strike and the surface quality.  It’s raw but it doesn’t matter.  I see it as a 65+.  It’s struck from the hammer from hell.  Needle sharp details on this one and very close to blemish free.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

3EEEA712-11BE-4703-86E5-1864226473E7.jpeg

59BFA5B7-F386-4FC3-AC01-FC1013C9FA24.jpeg

Another awesome Buffalo Joe.(thumbsu

@JIM F.  Exceptionally! Top shelf! Monumental shift from your Half-Cents. Perfect for high-end collection. Sure to sit at the pinnacle of your Registry Set or similar compilation. Strong strike, sharp devices, smooth fields with no hint of bag marks let alone a wayward chopmark.  A Centennial sensation!  Whether Proof or Proof-like, ultra-rare/extreme rarities like this are seldom seen. I cannot decide between a 68 or 69. Congratulations!

1 minute ago, Coinbuf said:

Those are some very cool additions to your Alabama theme set @Woods020  :golfclap:  I can see some copper pieces, are the others all silver or some other metals?

Thank you sir. These things are all over the place on metal. The silver colored ones pictured are “white metal”

ALA- 6 is copper-nickel

ALA-2 is brass

ALA-3 is copper

They did make a few in silver, and they are by far the hardest to find I have quickly learned. Leave it to me to stumble on a token with 40 variants to find. 

I was thinking that at lest one might be a white metal type but not at all familiar with these so than you for the additional info.(thumbsu   And heck if it was easy anyone could find them, right. :wink: