• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,879 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Re the '61 Roosevelt... in the world of Peter Paul Mounds, this would be characterized as "indescribably delicious."  In the staid world of numismatics, it would be assigned a hyphenated number.

Thank you, that’s always nice to hear.  I think it’s pretty too.

not bad for a pawn shop, acquired a 1885 morgan in au 50, 2 barber half dollars a 1882 s, and an avg one...a key date mercury dime 1892...and a 1912 liberty nickle. All for 65 bucks.......red book puts them just under 200 bucks for all 5 coins in the lowest grade....which these are not.......My biggest problem...selling , between ebay and paypal and taxes......I'm better off bargaining in the black market,lol.

6 hours ago, rocket23 said:

My biggest problem...selling , between ebay and paypal and taxes......I'm better off bargaining in the black market,lol.

My problem too that goes well beyond coins.  I have a 19th Century hand-blown emerald-green, pedestal eye washer I picked up at a street -- probably someone's equivalent to an interesting roadside stand -- with the original receipt going back about 40 years.  Damned if I am going to a pawnshop to sell it. Unfortunately, eBay, during these times, and depending on where you live, may be your only choice. But I would not be above coin-selling and trading sites on the web.  If you are not in a rush, look around. And best of luck to you!

On 3/21/2021 at 10:51 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Those are some very impressive and beautiful coins Buffalo Head. E

Where's your Buffalo?    :baiting:

1 hour ago, Alex in PA. said:

Never thought I'd see that!  Thanks.  :golfclap:

I don't presume to speak Bisonese, but assume, like humans, nature calls and when it does, does it lean over and whisper in your ear, bolt without warning, or simply go?

15 hours ago, Buffalo Head said:

1925 in outstanding condition .

DSC_5808 (2).JPG

DSC_5810 (2).JPG

DSC_5833 (2).JPG

I've never seen anything like these.  You've got quite a collection -- and an eye for the best available coins.

1 hour ago, Quintus Arrius said:

My wife took one look at this, and said:  "Il est tres beau!", or It is very beautiful!  And that, it is.

Tell your wife I said, merci😊

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Head said:

Tell your wife I said, merci😊

I will and I can assure you she will be most flattered from eliciting a thank you directly from the owner of this and your other unique treasures!