• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,879 posts in this topic

18.11 CBH

I think I know what happened to it, and what happened to it happened over and over... oddly, I had a high grade 181.7 CBH which had edge lettering tailing off into flat places in two places 180 degrees opposite of each other, and those flat places looked just like this

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0659.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

1 hour ago, R and C Numismatics said:

Well, until my next piece comes in this 1897 S $20 Liberty NGC MS63PL is my most recent acquisition. The coin should really be a DPL as it is much better looking in person than the photo suggests. The photo also highlights every scratch on the coin and on the slab.

1587_1496883550293.jpeg

a PL surface will do that; pretty coin

On 6/29/2017 at 3:14 PM, R and C Numismatics said:

Well, until my next piece comes in this 1897 S $20 Liberty NGC MS63PL is my most recent acquisition. The coin should really be a DPL as it is much better looking in person than the photo suggests. The photo also highlights every scratch on the coin and on the slab.

1587_1496883550293.jpeg

Beautiful!

Perhaps he is trying to post here to tell us that he is selling the fake coins on ebay. It's quite interesting to see that Russian (ebay seller) is telling the truth that the coins are fake. 

Edited by A.Phillips