• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,879 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2017 at 7:33 AM, PocketArt said:

Very happy with this purchase- total population of 2, both are in MS65.  

Very nice pickup, PA! I've got several PL Jeffs, but no pre-wars. You've got a nice, scarce one! 

On 4/3/2017 at 5:33 AM, PocketArt said:

Very happy with this purchase- total population of 2, both are in MS65.  

443847-1.thumb.jpg.9bef25a1247c083f1da8c46e82d7722d.jpg443847-2.thumb.jpg.95d545a0858be061c7dd4d9a3600bebb.jpg

Very nice, I was going to bid on it but I got distracted by a few other coins. It's mirrors looked very nice.

On 4/6/2017 at 3:19 AM, Jokercut said:

Hi , I bought a 1983 p  pcgs ms65+ spitting eagle quarter can anyone tell me if they're at all rare or have any value ?

I tried to upload a pic  

It's always fun to see Washingtons.

Did you try to just drag the picture and drop it on the "Drag files here" portion of a post, or did you try something else?

If nothing else I assume you could still post it here via an IMG from Photobucket etc.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:20 PM, physics-fan3.14 said:

You branching out to quarters now too? I thought you were building a set of halves. 

Either way, that's a nice one. The reverse is nearly perfect. 

I had a weak moment.

Welcome to the forums, and welcome back to the hobby, Huskie! 

How long have you been out of things? Things might have changed quite a bit since you were last in the hobby. Primarily, third party certification (such as NGC and PCGS) are highly useful and are now the hobby standard for rare coins. 

The reason I mention this is because every coin you posted has been harshly cleaned/polished (except the roll - can't see the coins in there. The roll is not original, so who knows what's in there.). A certified problem-free coin is usually much less likely to have been harshly cleaned. Cleaned coins are worth much less than their original counterparts. I do not want to discourage you in your return to the hobby, but I want to make sure you are educated. The coins you purchased do still have numismatic value, and if you purchased them for a steep discount (and are happy and knowledgeable about your purchases), then okay. 

2 hours ago, physics-fan3.14 said:

Welcome to the forums, and welcome back to the hobby, Huskie! 

How long have you been out of things? Things might have changed quite a bit since you were last in the hobby. Primarily, third party certification (such as NGC and PCGS) are highly useful and are now the hobby standard for rare coins. 

The reason I mention this is because every coin you posted has been harshly cleaned/polished (except the roll - can't see the coins in there. The roll is not original, so who knows what's in there.). A certified problem-free coin is usually much less likely to have been harshly cleaned. Cleaned coins are worth much less than their original counterparts. I do not want to discourage you in your return to the hobby, but I want to make sure you are educated. The coins you purchased do still have numismatic value, and if you purchased them for a steep discount (and are happy and knowledgeable about your purchases), then okay. 

Thanks for the welcome,and i have been out of of the hobby as far as buying them and wow a lot of things have changed in the hobby,i have noticed there a lot more so called not your honest coin dealers out now with the digital and technology age,and have encountered a few already and caught it before i was taken for a ride.  The Trade dollar and this 1837 Quarter that i just got are going to be submitted to NGC, I have a few am waiting on in the grading stage now. I will let you know how they grade out .This NGC site is filled with information just got to know where to go to find it.This looks like a good find ....found the info in the VarietyPlus  1837 Quarter b-4

1.jpg

2.jpg

I got this one today to feed my addiction...it's a dupe but with a modest die rotation I thought interesting, plus who can resist an overdate?

1814O101aobv.jpg

1814O101arev.jpg