• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,886 posts in this topic

I couldn't pass up this pair of ANA medals from the 1987 Convention in Atlanta. They came in a mint condition original box with blue velvet lining and the original box slip cover with a sticker indicating the serial number. The boxed serialized medals for this year are among the scarcer of the modern ANA medals with a mintage of only 200 pieces. The silver medal was only available in this box set, whereas the bronze medal was available as a badge (with mounting ring and ribbon and no serial number; mintage 1,000) and as a 57 mm larger type boxed medal (mintage 150).

This is a surprisingly hard set to find, and I looked a great while -- given the horses on the obverse I had to have them! :grin:

1987_ANA_Convention_Medal_Silver_composite_edge_zpslvtnjkf3.jpg

1987_ANA_Convention_Medal_Bronze_composite_edge_zpsdwz0ztkb.jpg

Very nice coins and medals since my last post here.

(thumbs u

Just received an invoice for these items:

HK-13. PILGRIM JUBILEE MEMORIAL, 1870. R 5 . Silver Plated.

100_3718.jpg

100_3719.jpg

HK 696. WISCONSIN TERRITORIAL CENTENNIAL, 1936, R3. Unc.

100_3720.jpg

Encased in its original inscribed holder: WISCONSIN CENTENNIAL / CELEBRATION / 1836 1936 / SOUVENIR/ MADISON/WISCONSIN.

PILGRIM TERCENTENARY, 1920. Rulau E75. 70mm. Aluminum.

100_3723A.jpg

G. L. Turner, Sc. (Reed & Barton) AU, a few very minor edge marks. Obverse with Pilgrim landing scene at Plymouth. The reverse depicts the Mayflower in stormy seas, THE MAYFLOWER / IN WHOSE CABIN WAS SIGNED/ THE COMPACT IN/ CAPE COD HARBOR/ 21 NOV. 1620. Rulau states, “Plain Edge” but this example carries the edge-mark, “REED & BARTON”.

MARYLAND TERCENTENARY MEDAL

100_3721A.jpg

1934. Taylor 15. 56.9mm. Bronze. Hans Schuler, Sc. (MACO). Unc. Obv: Scene showing Lord Calvert holding Lord Baltimore’s instructions. To right, Capt. Thomas Cornwallis and Rev. Andrew White. An Indian kneels at left. Rx: Portrait of Gov. Albert Ritchie with tercentenary legend around.

Images with my Kodak point n shoot

Edited by leeg

Very happy to add a nice example of this key date. This is actually the third one of these I've bought after I wasn't happy with my first G4 piece or my F15 one (both bought a while ago). This is graded VF30 although I think I would call it VF25.

uLAJ4z43RuKc9h6XgbAv_1926-S%205c%20VF30%20obv.jpg

4CuknxUvQLOF9UwLU0a9_1926-S%205c%20VF30%20rev.jpg

OK, I posted these in a thread reporting on the ANA. However, I had Todd take some shots of the coins at the Long Beach show which turned out pretty good so I thought I'd share. Both coins acquired at the Anaheim ANA.

1811/9 Dime PCGS VF30

10c-1811-A_zpsah3gfprb.jpg

1828 Dime Large Date PCGS AU58+

10c-1828-LD_zpszoy6qjrd.jpg

jom