• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Message boards

12 posts in this topic

NGC and PCGS should meld their boards...I get tired of running across the street all the time..scr

No, they should not. There is a very different flavor to the boards. You will find that over there they are much more concerned with grade, plastic, and the registry. They also tend to lean toward the modern coins. Over here there is a leaning toward older coins and therefore there is less concern with grade, plastic, and the registry chatter is much more quiet.

I really don't care for the boards across the street much. I am totally opposed to the proposed situation. The boards across the street just seem to have a feel that I don't care for.

Besides the fact that they are run by the two archenemies of the TPG world.

You must know what just went on across the street. And one of the associated threads is still having a hard time dying. I like across the street and I like www.coincommunity.com

But, this is where I started and I always come back home.

Jerry

gmarguli

Slightly Evil

No, they should not. There is a very different flavor to the boards. You will find that over there they are much more concerned with grade, plastic, and the registry. They also tend to lean toward the modern coins. Over here there is a leaning toward older coins and therefore there is less concern with grade, plastic, and the registry chatter is much more quiet.

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

One of my buddies linked a thread there yesterday, which was just fine. Informative, and on a topic I'm interested in. So, I went back to their main forum, and lo and behold, there was some thread about 450 posts long about an ebay seller "FairTraderz". I wasn't able to stomach more than about 2 pages of drivel.

There is a lot of good information across the street, no question. In fact, there's probably as much good information there as here! But to find it, I find it necessary to wade through so much garbage - threads complaining about dealers, complaining about ebay, complaining about NGC, complaining about ANACS, complaining about PCGS! While a little complaining is just fine, I swear that browsing the PCGS forum is like browsing through ebay. You have to sift through so much boring baloney to find a few useful tidbits. It just isn't worth the time to me.

I find NGCs boards to be exceptionally clean by comparison. I know that when I click on any give thread, there's a very high likelihood it will be an interesting topic, discussed intelligently, and not surrounded by a bunch of garbage posts by people who must be spending 10 hours a day posting (based on their number of posts).

There's nothing at all "wrong" with the other side of the street, but I just like it here better - much better.

James

One of my buddies linked a thread there yesterday, which was just fine. Informative, and on a topic I'm interested in. So, I went back to their main forum, and lo and behold, there was some thread about 450 posts long about an ebay seller "FairTraderz". I wasn't able to stomach more than about 2 pages of drivel.

There is a lot of good information across the street, no question. In fact, there's probably as much good information there as here! But to find it, I find it necessary to wade through so much garbage - threads complaining about dealers, complaining about ebay, complaining about NGC, complaining about ANACS, complaining about PCGS! While a little complaining is just fine, I swear that browsing the PCGS forum is like browsing through ebay.

I find NGCs boards to be exceptionally clean by comparison. I know that when I click on any give thread, there's a very high likelihood it will be an interesting topic, discussed intelligently, and not surrounded by a bunch of garbage posts by people who must be spending 10 hours a day posting (based on their number of posts).

There's nothing at all "wrong" with the other side of the street, but I just like it here better - much better.

James

100% agreed, but I have recently started posting on both side, due to the knowledge possessed over there as well as here. I like this side better as well

There is one forum there that I like very much but is pretty slow. I want to mention it in case no one knows about it. The Stamps Forum. It's the only one I know of. Does anybody else know of a Stamp Forum?

Also, and I'm blaming this on myself, I can almost feel a different side of my personality come out when I go there.

For a long while, I was having a problem with these boards because they were real slow. I'm talking about loading etc. That seems to have been taken care of and I zip all over the place here now.

Jerry