• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage auction question

7 posts in this topic

Heritage used to give you a piece of paper with a picture of the coin you'd win in auction and a promise to not charge any sellers fee should you decide to put it back up for auction. I think they did this with coins valued at > $500?

I got a few coins from them in the past two Signature auctions but never got any piece of paper like that. Did they stop doing this?

The last coin I bought was in the Long Beach Heritage last September and I got one of those offers. Whether they've changed it since I have no idea.

jom

I got one in the last signature sale for a coin that cost me $2000 m/l. I've never taken advantage of the offer since every coin that I've gotten this for has been a coin I cracked out.

James

I've got them for the past couple years, but didn't get any with my last few purchases.

Doesn't really matter since selling them at 100% of hammer isn't very advantageous when you can get 105% without much effort and probably a little more with some minor work.

I've got them for the past couple years, but didn't get any with my last few purchases.

Doesn't really matter since selling them at 100% of hammer isn't very advantageous when you can get 105% without much effort and probably a little more with some minor work.

Am I stupid or do you have some kind of secret I'd like to know about. Help me out here...105%? since it seems I always sell my coins at a loss, what am I missing?

Mike

If you have > $1000 kind of nice classic coins and a decent number, then there's several dealers that can get you half of one certain auction houses profit. I speek as a sucker who used a place in Dallas---