• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just a quick hello....

6 posts in this topic

Just want to say hi to everyone...I am a such a new coin collector that I'm still in shrink-wrap.I was recently introduced to American Silver Eagles, and was knocked out by the the beauty of the coins...I never before thought of coins as works of art, but that's what I saw. Works of ART!

I don't know anything at all about collecting, but I know I want to start collecting...

I would be grateful to anyone who can give advice about books to start with,or anything else you can think of that will propel me down the right path. My first coin was a 1986 Proof NGC MS69.Need advice on the care and feeding of coin.Also, how do I tell which is the best grading service? PCGS? NGC? Some other House?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,and I look forward to making new friends in the

collecting hobby. I also look forward to hearing from all of you.

Thanks,

Called Barnes and Noble, and found another coin collector! He told me to drop by and look through his coin books, and that he carried most of the titles in print that your thread mentions....gonna be busy for a while it seems!

Nubianknight juggle.gif

Welcome...

Many new collecdtors get hooked on Silver Eagles. It seems to be the gatway drug of choice smile.gif

You are on the right track buy getting books and learning. Take your time, read the posts, not only here but on other good discussion boards. Don't let yourself get overwhemed. Just take it at your own pace.

Many new collecdtors get hooked on Silver Eagles. It seems to be the gatway drug of choice smile.gif

You've got to admit that they are really pretty:

silvereaglerainbow.jpg

Welcome to the boards! hi.gif

Hayden

Hello and welcome NubianKnight !

It is kinda cool you got into the coin collecting realm by checking out the ASE's as I have collected for a long time and only now started getting into the bullion coin side...mostly due the the initial free 'gateway' hook ( slabbed ASE when I joined the Forums ) . I agree that the design is very art-iful .

By the way (BTW) , the Baltimore coin show is coming up in your neck of the woods Fri-Sun 17-19 March . I'll be there for a little while Saturday morning and look forward to seeing you there if you can make it.