• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just bought a Franklin, Tell me what you think

28 posts in this topic

I like it. Franklins are great collecting pieces. You can't go wrong with it graded and FBL if you got it at a decent price either. All my pieces are in albums. I've been tempted to start sending some of them in for certification, but I have so many other coins that I want certified I don't know where to start sometimes. Keep adding to your collection. Remember, it's not what you can afford, it's what you like. So if you find a coin that you fall in love with and you think you got a great price on it, then it's always going to be a winner in your collection!

Greg

It is certainly hard to find an attractively toned Franklin. This is an exception! But a 65 grade seems awfully liberal to me! Must have given it bonus points for eye-appeal.

yeah, there seems to be a couple too many dings, especially on the cheek, for a 65. but I got it at a 64 FBL price, so I'm happy.

And yes, I am a physics major. Actually, it is engineering physics, which is basically an engineering degree, and a physics degree at the same time. My primary focus is satellite design, and near earth space physics. So, you can call me a rocket scientist.

I'm going to assume you are a physics major, is this correct? If so, more power to you!

I think that's TomB's not so subtle way of telling you he doesn't like your coin.

yeah, there seems to be a couple too many dings, especially on the cheek, for a 65. but I got it at a 64 FBL price, so I'm happy.

And yes, I am a physics major. Actually, it is engineering physics, which is basically an engineering degree, and a physics degree at the same time. My primary focus is satellite design, and near earth space physics. So, you can call me a rocket scientist.

Interesting. My bachelors degree was in Engineering Physics. My Masters was in plain old Physics. Now they just call me a Software Engineer. It's tough to get a job doing actual physics (without a PhD). confused-smiley-013.gif

Two years of nuclear and electronic physics in the Navy and two years + of x-ray physics at UNLV qualifies me to chew batteries and to fart electrons.

crazy.gif

I'm going to assume you are a physics major, is this correct? If so, more power to you!

I think that's TomB's not so subtle way of telling you he doesn't like your coin.

Yes. Tom starts talking about joules when he doesn't see a gem. grin.gif

Wow!!! I'd like to pick your brain about a few things.

Two years of nuclear and electronic physics in the Navy and two years + of x-ray physics at UNLV qualifies me to chew batteries and to fart electrons.

crazy.gif

No wonder his dogs like him screwy.gif

stooges.gif

That's cool, RGT. Where did you go to school? I am at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, in Daytona Beach, FL.

I went to Murray State University in Murray KY. There are very few universities that offer an Engineering Physics program.

Say, if you go to school in Daytona Beach, where do you go for spring break? confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree about 1958, here's one I bought at a show outside of Tacoma about 3 years ago.

franobv.jpg

franrev.jpg

It has just enough toning to suit my tastes.

Watt are you guys talking about? Actually, Jazzy and IGWT both caught on to what I was writing. The coin in question seems a bit short of an MS65 from the image and I intentionally threw in the more power phrase because of the physics base.

Yes. Tom starts talking about joules when he doesn't see a gem. grin.gif

That's almost a pun.

I would have said "Tom starts talking about joules when he doesn't see jewels."

I would have said "Tom starts talking about joules when he doesn't see jewels."

But then it wouldn't have been as clever. acclaim.gif C'mon, Jazzy, the "gems" reference ties it to coins.

The coin just came in the mail today, and it is even nicer than the pictures would have you believe. The marks aren't nearly as bad as the picture seems to show, and the color is even nicer. Overall, a great buy.