• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry stupid question

8 posts in this topic

I have a digital camera on the way. I will eventual enter my type set in the NGC registry.

Question about my raw, ungraded coins:

Can I still post a photo of the coin in the appropriate slot even though it has never been graded?

Probably not but just curious...

Well,if you were to take pictures of everything and send me the urls,I could send you back the html for a gallery that you could post on your own freewebs site or something like that.

I'm new to this and have a question about taking photos for the registry

I have a Sony Cyber Shot 2 megapixels

I also have a National Optical 30x Sterioscopic Microscope

Would I be better off buying attachment for the microscope to mount the camera or buying a camera dome?

No idea to your question but this was my solution based upon Lucille's post:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canonpro1/

I use a Canon PowerShot Pro. This Camera is a excellent Point and shoot Camera for any photo shooting oppertunity.....

I shoot my images mostly during daylight hours. I prefer a bright naturaly sunlit room, aided by the normal houselights and up to 2 sylvannia daylight flood lamps.

I don't always use all the lights mentioned above, it depends on the coin I am shooting, as sometimes a little darkness helps you bring out certian characteristics of the coin.

The PowerShot Pro has many modes and many manual settings.... I really know nothing about them or photography in general, things like ISO settings, shutter speeds, stuff like that is all square talk to the HepKitty, as I am not with it in that regard.

However I do normally shoot in one of the many manual settings that allows me to turn on the Super Macro mode. I then zoom in to capture stunning detail. I also use a stable tripod to avoid the camera shakes resulting in fuzzy, blurry images.

The images come out huge and I also have to resize them and lessen their quality so the file sizes are manageable. All the images that you have seen from me look even better before I lesson their quality to make for a smaller file.

Cannon hit a homerun with this Camera that is easy used by the novice yet has many pro features. I will put my images up against any others with any Camera when in comes to capturing a coins luster, color and detail.

I love capturing the fine detail seen in the metal flow of the coins surface, as most images I see fail to do this. I can truely capture what a coin really looks like, with the PowerShot Pro, a amazing Camera..

I'm new to this and have a question about taking photos for the registry

I have a Sony Cyber Shot 2 megapixels

I also have a National Optical 30x Sterioscopic Microscope

Would I be better off buying attachment for the microscope to mount the camera or buying a camera dome?

Don't buy a camera dome,you can get the same results using a lampshade or a milk jug.