• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANA Summer Seminars

4 posts in this topic

For those of you who may not know of the ANA Summer Seminars, you may want to have a look at their offerings:

2006 Summer Seminars

This year, session 1 is July 1-7, and session 2 is July 8-14.

Last year, I attended the Early American Coppers course taught by Doug Bird and Steve Carr. This year, I'll be attending their Advanced EAC course (come hell or high water!). I would highly recommend the EAC course to all.

Moreover, I'd recommend any of the ANA courses. They are simply fantastic and an excellent expenditure of your time and $$$. For those of you with spouses, SOs, etc., bring them along! There is a week-long activity schedule that includes tours, which I've heard (from the attendees) is great fun. Also, their introductory course to numismatics is designed with spouses of hard-core collectors in mind.

Colorado Springs is a very pretty place and a great city/area to visit - very tourist-friendly. The seminars are quite affordable, especialy given the fact that they include meals/lodging, and you can choose your comfort level. Also, the people who work at ANA are very helpful to anyone unfamiliar with the area.

893blahblah.gif

Check it out for yourself, and if anyone has questions I can answer, I'd be happy to (not that I'm speaking for ANA). Otherwise, give ANA a call and ask all you like! I can't recommend these seminars more, and you should register as early as you can because they fill up quick!

Hoot

Word has it Cameron Keifer is teaching one of the grading courses and JamminJ is going to attend (probably the advanced one). They sound like great courses...It's been over 10 years since I attended a coin grading seminar (in Seattle) hosted by their local club up there. I've never been to CS...I wish I could frown.gif

jom

I looked it up on the ANA website (money.org). It is quite an investiment of time and money ($750 + airfare) to attend the Summer Seminars. I'm sure it would be interesting. I just don't know how much I would get out of it.