• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1921 Morgan question

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I got this 1921 Morgan on ebay. I've never been too good at grading, and I know grading from a photo isn't the best thing, but can you give me your best idea about what this coin might grade? Is there anything suspicious? Is it AT or NT?

Thanks

Michael

ps I had a helluva time getting these pics to show so please let me know if they're too big.

DSCN0002x.JPG

DSCN0034x.JPG

I think the coin is naturally toned. It looks like a nice AU58 with rub on the high points and some modest dings that show most prominantly on the central obverse and the rims (obv and rev).

Nice coin and good photos!

Hoot

I think the coin is naturally toned. It looks like a nice AU58 with rub on the high points and some modest dings that show most prominantly on the central obverse and the rims (obv and rev).

Nice coin and good photos!

Hoot

Like I said, I;m no expert. Originally I was going to say AU....but I thought maybe pics made it appear so. In any case, who hasnt seen 58's in 62 plastic.

It looks UNC to me, and I think the toning is natural, but as we all know, naturally toned coins do sometimes get bagged by NGC (and PCGS) as AT.

It's a great coin though, in my opinion.

James