• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If coins could talk...

12 posts in this topic

We've all heard the adage "If coins could talk, the stories they would tell..." And so it is with this coin that I picked up from the Heritage FUN online sale. I must admit to having held my breath on this one until it reached my hands, but upon doing so, I was breathing easy and even elated. Truly, I've never seen a seated dollar with such incredibly well preserved, shall I say, "originality" blush.gif when circulated to such a degree. The coin is perfect for the degree of wear.

I plan on putting this coin in my signature set after crossing into the right plastic, and will yap about the history of it a bit later in this thread. For now, I'll just let the coin speak for itself. Enjoy, Hoot

1072571-1840SL%241G08ANACS06-17.JPG

589a8fc77b0e3_1072571-1840SL1G08ANACS06-17.JPG.30a5b3bc528fea5298c02f26fa156002.JPG

Wonderful coin Hoot! I love the way it looks. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I have a couple of coins that I’m still waiting for from the Heritage FUN auction. I hope I’m as happy about mine when I receive them as you are about your coin. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

John

That is a truly beautiful coin, especially for a Seated dollar. Way to go! thumbsup2.gif

Of course, if your coins would talk they would say something like

Not the pants pocket again! Please! Not the pants pocket-I'm emotionally scarred from last time!
893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Beautifully worn. Gorgeous, in fact. I've always imagined Miss Seated Liberty saying, "I keep the cap on the pole because it's too small for my head."

...they would say "Let me out of this coffin."

Absolutely. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks for all the comments. The more I look at the coin, the more I like it. I can only hope that one day, I might also add the Gobrecht to my set that matches this piece well. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Tom - I think that I'd be more afraid to carry this coin in my pocket that it might fear in doing so. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

John and others who won some lots recently, please post pics when you have them! Any luck for you on the darkside James?

Hoot

Hoot

Thant's a very nice looking coin.

I haven't got any coin this year yet, but I hope my first coin of this year will be something like yours...a coin always proud to own.

If coin could speak........so what if she could speak and said "I need a bath"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hoot old buddy-----My kind of coin. Imagine living at the time when you could have received all the Seated coinage in change looking like this piece. Creature comforts wouln't be there of course----but oh the coins. If they were all as "original" as this coin----I am just shaking my head. Nice job!! Bob [supertooth]