• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

found a poem about coin collector's wives

8 posts in this topic

That was pretty cool. Did anyone ever figure out the reason that more ladies don't collect coins? The best guess I've heard so far is because they carry purses and have coins galore all the time while men just have pocket change.

Dave, in answer to your question: "Did anyone ever figure out the reason that more ladies don't collect coins?" That's easy - they're smarter than us! laugh.gif

I took my wife to a small show in Tacoma a few weeks back. She looked almost stricken when we entered, and she whispered "My God, I'm the only woman here...." She was pretty much correct. She gave it her best effort, but I know she was bored to tears.

My penance was I had to accompany her to Wal-mart the next day. Oh, now that was painful.

My girlfriend's eyes glaze over when I mention my latest trip to (select one or more): coin club meeting/coin show/coin dealer. To her credit, she did say a couple of my toned Morgans were kinda pretty....

I have to humor her by showing "interest" in her orchids and other plants (although I have to admit her orchids are "kinda pretty" too...) grin.gif

That was pretty cool. Did anyone ever figure out the reason that more ladies don't collect coins?

There is zero doubt that men are from Mars and women are from Venus and we don't speak Ventian nor do they speak Martian.