• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My most impressive coin (to me anyways)

4 posts in this topic

Today, while I was looking at my coins, I happened to look at a set of Morgans I have. I looked at it and noticed I could not see the reverse becaus there was foam padding. I opened up the case and I saw a coin that blew me away, It was an

1879-O Morgan in XF but, the grade is not the important part. The obverse has some rainbow toning, perticularly around the date and to the left of the date up to the "B" in E PLURIBUS UNUM, and to the right of the date until the star right before the "M" in UNUM. Now as I said before the reverse blew me away, At a quick glance the toning looks like dark, ugly toning. But, if you tilt it a little into the light the colors come out. It has reds, oranges, blues, greens, yellows, and a bit of violet color. I would put a picture but my scanner is broken and my mom took the digital camera to work. I'll put a pic. when I get the digital camera back. I hope you will all like it.

To me, some of my favorite coins are inexpensive, colorfully toned pieces. A beautifully toned circulated piece can be just as impressive as higher grade MS pieces.