• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow this place is Dead. Whats up with this.

14 posts in this topic

ROFLMAO

That will teach me to post here. grin.gif

Merc Abuse, I'm confused about the Negative comments about these coins. smile.gif

Actually this is the "Columbia River Basin Small Mouth Bass" channel. Summers coming and Fun will be had with the Lures and Bass.

Ken

When I see three coins I always try to decide which one I'd pick if I could only pick one. Does anybody else think like that?

Don't get me wrong I like them all. But today I think I'd pick the 1923.

Isn't that the truth Carl. Being put in that position can frustrate a person at times. For pure beauty your pick is correct. For rarity the 18S is the coin. And.....Oh heck I like all three of them. smile.gif They will stay around for some time.

Ken

Carl you got me thinking about which coin would be chosen if only One could be chosen. These three below would create a serious problem for a Merc collector. All fairly high priced and all fairly rare in the grade and appearances they make in Auctions, Web Sites, Ebay and for sure Coin Shops here on the West Coast. Personally I am grateful these did not all show up at once. They were evenly spaced out at about a year apart. Probably my thinking would be to research the appearances then Grab the one that has shown up the least. 26S64FB.jpg

27D63FB1.jpg

27S64FB.jpg

Ken

This place is dead because everyone is posting across the street. Now that the furor over the banning of Greg has died down, everyone has migrated back there. The rate of posting of new threads there is much higher than here.

Now, the question for NGC & Arch is: WHY WHY WHY ????

I am not sure that it's just because people prefer PCGS to NGC, or because the PCGS Registry program is so much more entrenched than the NGC program. It may also be the visual appearance or some other aspect of the Boards. I don't know .... anyone have any ideas? Why do the PCGS Boards remain so much more active than the NGC Boards???

Sunnywood

My take on your excellent questions, Sunnywood, is that the PCGS Boards were around first and most people are more comfortable with them because of that. I had posted at PCGS for years before the NGC Boards started up, so, when the NGC Boards got going I already felt as though my posting "home" was at PCGS. This is why I did not post much at NGC until the last month. I think it might be reasonable to believe that many of the other old-time regulars at PCGS feel as I did. That pulls many people away from posting here and inhibits the type of critical mass that is needed for the NGC Boards to really take off.

My take on the lack of Registry Board posting at NGC:

1. Most NGC posters prefer the Coin board, because they like to share their collections with everyone.

2. Most participants of the NGC Registry don't really care about scoring, so there aren't as many complaints about the way the Registry is run.

3. NGC is vigilant about addressing concerns, so a post that would require 500 responses across the street only needs three or four here.

Ken,

Post pics of those Mercs on the Coin Forum, and see what kind of response you get there.

laugh.gif

The Merc's were nice. I don't collect mercs, so I did not respond. I am sure others felt the same.

As far as the boards go, PCGS was first with a registry, and they only let PCGS coins in their registry. Those PCGS only (closed minded) Kool-Aided folks aren't going to stay over here anyway. We don't need folks with blinders on anyway, so what!

I have coins in several different holders, PCGS, NGC, PCI, and etc. I have found that NGC has better customer service. NGC also has Dena! This side of the street is also a little less biased, IMO. We also have a few PCGS rejects, they dared to speak their mind! Now if we could educate the parasite !! Oh Well, we can't have it all...

Now if we could educate the parasite !! Oh Well, we can't have it all...

The PARASITE !!! AAAAaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh.

Until this moment, I have been silent on the subject of this pathogen. I avoid its threads & posts, and refuse to reply to them, lest it be mistaken for affirmation or encouragement.

The PARASITE is probably beyond the reach of education or reformation, and should be quarantined.

Sunnywood

Keith I always thought the Registry Boards were for discussing a series a collector collects and was just amazed that hardly anyone uses this board for that. My post was just a observance of that point. I really did not care if anyone responded to the Mercs or not and as you know I rarely post here but do read the Forums daily.

Monty the Intent was not another of the NGC versus PCGS comparisons. Sure wish people could drop that sort of stuff and just enjoy. That goes double with personality conflicts that get blown out of proportion also.

Bottom line of this post is No One had Posted here for two days and was just wondering Why. smile.gif

Ken