• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Today was a good NEWP day.

11 posts in this topic

Here is my honest criticism..... It has cam, it appears to have some nice mirrors and a gorgeous balck and white contrast, it appears to be a fabulous gem of a coin.

Nice coin. Is there haze around the base of the bust and just under and around the eagle's beak? This may very well be simply reflection from the mirror surfaces. I don't know if it would go CAM at the services but it sure it nice!

Tom,

It has some field frost on the reverse. What appears in the photo to be haze is just reflection. The mirrors aren't very deep on the reverse, and I imagine you are right about it being iffy to cam. Thanks. I like the coin. I will probably want this one holdered, so I'll be interested to see what they say.

Very nice coin Don, although Washington quarters are no specialty of mine. Yes, I can see the haze on the reverse and it is a bit distracting. For such proofs, I don't like that distraction and might think of sending it to NCS. Overall, the coin looks to border on CAM with some weakness in the peripheries. It's worth having the evaluation, but it's a pleasing quarter nonetheless.

Hoot

It looks cameo to me. Super coin!

There is no way to remove field frost so NCS can't do a thing to this quarter. The field frost seems to keep coins away from the PR 69 and even 68 grade. So I would guess 67 or 68 Cam.

For what it's worth, I've had good luck with NCS removing haze and spotting from the fields of proofs. tongue.gif

Hoot

That is one very nice quarter. There might be a weakness in the lower fields on the reverse, but with a scan its difficult at best to tell. There also appears to be a milk spot around 7:00 on the obverse. But, I'd be surprised if it graded less than PF66 CAM! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all for responding. The good dissection of this coin is one of the great strength this forum provides. Objective opinions are hard to come by, and very helpful. wink.gif