• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My newest Peace $

12 posts in this topic

Nice coin, and nice to be able to pick one up when you aren't looking for one.

I think this design, along with the St. Gaudens double eagle, are the two that were hurt the most by post-release tinkering with relief. It's too bad as the '21 has so much more eye appeal than the later dates, in general.

I think this design, along with the St. Gaudens double eagle, are the two that were hurt the most by post-release tinkering with relief. It's too bad as the '21 has so much more eye appeal than the later dates, in general.

Tom, I agree completely. It's not as obvious in photos due to the lack of 3d perspective, but comparing a '21 with any later date issues in person shows a night and day difference in the two designs. It's too bad the technology didn't exist then to produce high relief coins in volume.

I agree with you, Barry. Of course, today we have the technology to produce such coins but our Mint and government do not have the desire to see the job through. It's truly a shame.

wow that 1921 peace dollar is definately a WAY!!!

above average copin in terms of technical qualities and eye appeal and really REALLY WAY way way!!! above average in terms of strike

superb!!

sincerely michael

I am not sure if any of you Peace collectors would be interested, but I just got an e-mail from Heritage, and they have a 1924 graded MS-67 by PCGS, offered at $5,450. Not sure why they picked me for that message, other than the fact I bought some peace dollars from them a few years ago. Anyhow, if that might interest you, then contact Paul Simonetti at Heritage.

I am not sure if any of you Peace collectors would be interested, but I just got an e-mail from Heritage, and they have a 1924 graded MS-67 by PCGS, offered at $5,450.

I got the same email, and if you read it they'll sell it for $51xx. I'd be interested, but it has the "tone" word in it which doesn't fit with my collection.