• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith: What Is The Story Behind Your Icon?

5 posts in this topic

It looks stunning from here, but your picture/icon is a tease. What is the story behind it?

One of my collecting interests is wonderfully toned Kennedies and yours looks like a duzy.

Full size pics

This is that coin that was on E-Bay for a while. It's got some traces of prints on it, and the obverse is pretty dark except at the right angle on a blue moon, but the reverse is one of the prettiest I have ever seen, with nice pastel colors. I showed it at a recent show and several toned guys really liked the reverse.

Keith, that is nice! I think I own its twin. I bought mine from TomB and it is almost an exact match of yours- that is why I asked.

I was told when I purchased mine there were two others from this "hoard" that had the same rainbow appearance.

I bet yours is somewhat more 'brilliant colored' than your photo- right?

The reverse is more vibrant than the scans, but the obverse scan is pretty much on, with just slighly more color. I have never seen a Kennedy toned like this one until now. Although it isn't a true rainbow, it reminds me of those blue and purple toned Morgans that we sometimes see from TBT or Anaconda.