• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEED KM Numbers

12 posts in this topic

Many public libraries have the Standard Catalog of World Coins by Krause and Mishler in their reference section. The volume covering 1901-date is almost always available at any large public library, or possibly for inter-library loan if yours does not have it. If any of your coins are dated 1801-1900 they would be listed in the 18th Century edition which is less commonly found in libraries.

Good luck.

Aethelred,

I have never heard anything about the Krause catalogs being published on CD, but I think this would be a great idea. Did you actually hear that they might be doing this?

John

I heard something about this about two years ago. I don't think they ever went ahead with it. I'm not even sure if it was a serious plan.

I was given the name michaet@krause.com at the last Long Beach show as the person to alert about errors found in the 2003 catalog. I've sent him a link to this thread with the comment that it is a link to a great suggestion from the NGC World Coin Forum.

Who knows - mighty oaks, etc. emwink.gif

Thanks for the update Brad. I agree with you, I think they may be worried that people will copy the CD and give or sell them to others. It's a shame though, as publishing the Krause catalogs on CD is a great idea.

John